TR---MONDAY 2-15

fleaguy

Bright blue, warm sky. Conditions were great.

My only complaint....I had to wait for 1 chair...sheesh! :rolleyes:

Seriously, I just don't understand why Sno Mountain isn't busier than it is!!!

If anyone can explain this to me.....let me know!

The terrain park looked great with plenty of awesome riders.

More talented riders (IMHO ) than I've seen in quite some time. Good going boarders!

Snow in the forcast for tonight and tomorrow!

Do winters get any better than this year?

Now get out there and hit the slopes!

Bright blue, warm sky. Conditions were great.

My only complaint....I had to wait for 1 chair...sheesh! :rolleyes:

Seriously, I just don't understand why Sno Mountain isn't busier than it is!!!

If anyone can explain this to me.....let me know!

Now get out there and hit the slopes!

Well, I can't speak for today as I wasn't there, but to be honest there is no way anyone that was at Sno this past weekend can say it was not crowded. I think it was the first time that I ever saw the parking lot completely filled since I have been working there. We did do a few different things in the lift areas that sped up the lines, and I think it was a Godsend with the amount of people we were sending up the mountain. Having extra lifties, ticket checkers, and the new ticket checkers at the top of the parking lot where Pheobe is, which is now I believe a permanent position, also helped the lift lines move faster at the bottom.

Saturday we were crushed, there is no way to deny that fact, and although I know for the most part tubing does not factor in to any of the discussions here, those that were in and around the bunny slope saw that line, which ran well past the lift station all day and well into the night.

Sunday started out a bit slow, and that is normal, but by 12 or so we got buried again. Shuttle's line at times was up to the deck of the lodge as it was Saturday, Lol, I know you guys don't ride the bunny slope, but you couldn't miss that line either on both days as that got insanely long, and Iron Horse, as it handles 8 slopes at that point, got real backed up on both sides of the lift lines. Even Long Haul, just because of it's lenght normally doesn't have a line, on Saturday it did.

The lifties and us supervisors did a fantastic job I think this past weekend keeping things moving smoothly. Many of us pulled double shifts and were more than willing to pitch in to keep it running smoothly. Even you the customer I have to say Thank You to as there were minimal ticket issues or skier issues. It was like everyone just wanted to have a great time, and did.

Commenting on your last line there that I quoted, By all means yes, everyone get out and hit the slopes. Not much time left in this season, so please enjoy it while you can!

KC

I was there Monday. I refuse to ski anywhere in Eastern PA othere than Sno on holidays because I know the crowds will be light to managable. Wasn't disappointed as there was never a wait at the lifts and the slopes were virtually empty. There were more people it seemed on the beginner side but I rarely venture over there. By the time I left, around 4 PM, lodge was crowded. It always seems to me that Sno must do a lot of night skiing business as it is empty in the morning and the crowds never come until late afternoon.

Conditions were pretty nice and didn't start icing up until late in the afternoon. Boomer skied nice and it was fun running the gates on Smoke that the racers set up for practice. Skied White Lightening once - not as nice as when I skied it on MLK day where the bumps were softer and a little more uniform. Groomed runs were nice hardpack. Ungroomed areas and glades were generally icy though they softened up by day-end and some stuff on sides of trails skied nice.