1/26 Jack Frost

Mess

Arrived at the lot at 7:40 and was surprised at how many cars were already there. It was 4 degrees and the wind made it feel much cooler. When we arrived in the lodge saw that the cars were there because of Race day.

Our first few runs were on Powder and snowflake which were empty so it was good to work on turning and stopping with my son. We then moved to Easy Rider. The snow was great on the beginner trails so we made a few runs from snow flake to Easy rider. My son did a great job but fell a few times when other people got close to him.

One of our only problems was getting my son on the D-Lift. He has a hard time skating forward to get in position to get on the lift. I have not bought him poles( Should a 6 year old have Poles?). The workers were nice enough to slow the lift down when I asked. I could see the workers getting annoyed so one time I did not ask and he almost got knocked over by the lift. The rest of the day I asked for them to slow it down. At one point one of the workers got annoyed and said, "Why don't you bring him to E and F lift?" I told her we only had one more run.

It was pretty cold out there. My dad offered to watch my son in the lodge so I could take a few runs. I took a nice run down Lehigh and planned to head to East Mountain but got on the Lift near Thunderbolt. By the time I got off the lift my fingers were freezing so I headed for the Lodge.

After the break we alternated between Easy Rider and Ridge runner and there were a lot more people on the trails. I was impressed with my sons ability to avoid other people and he really finished the day off strong. When he got cold again I took a run down thunderbolt. It was firm packed and fast. I then went to East Mountain and went down River shot which was also fast and fun. I saw some people lose their edge on floyds and slide down. It was icy in the middle where people were plowing down but the snow on skiers left was pretty nice and powdery. I was tempted to try the elevator as it did not looked very bumped up but changed my mind. I might have to hook up with some PASR's to coach me down my first time.

Overall we had a great day at Jack Frost. I thought that there would be more coverage in the glades but they looked a little thin.