capstraps?

dorsey!

they are substantially more comfortable for me. its great now taking well circulated, pain free toes for granted. they are not much more responsive, but my team and carbon high backs are at max lean. they are definitely worth the money.

Edited by skitzo

From an old thread...

I've got probably about 120 days under some toecups and the only real difference I've noticed is that it takes away the pressure of having a strap directly over your upper-toe. The response is exactly the same as traditional strap bindings.

yes they do sell teh cap straps seaperatly

i saw them in the area where they had their boad acessories such as locks and binding tools

i have a hybrid if you want to call it that on my Rome 390's

ther is a felxible material in the tope starp so that it will form around the toe of ur boot and can be used on the top also also

Edited by k2madman

I have them, got 'em at the end of last season cause my toes were going a lil numb. Other than relieving that, I have not noticed any "performance" gains with them.

I was in Sports Authority last weekend and noticed that they sell the Burton branded ones. I bought my online and got the technine ones, which I believe makes them for burton.

i have the missions and i love the cap straps i didnt relly notice any diffrence in response but i love that the ratchet ur boot right back into the binding and once u go 10 feet down the mountain u foot isnt loose and u gotta tighten ur the straps but thats the only diffrence i noticed

My bad. I just read on snowboard magazine's website that Burton and Technine developed them "jointly"

I was close ...

supposedly they came up with the ideas separately and filed a joint patent. i cant see where you thought that. no worries.

i have the missions and i love the cap straps i didnt relly notice any diffrence in response but i love that the ratchet ur boot right back into the binding and once u go 10 feet down the mountain u foot isnt loose and u gotta tighten ur the straps but thats the only diffrence i noticed

im not exactly sure what you said, but overtightening is a common problem with toe caps because you cant really feel them comapred to traditional toe straps.

• 3 weeks later...