Terrain Park Poll part 1

BC-Mark

Questions Part 1  

80 members have voted

1. 1. If Bear Creek created a true super park, would you visit BC more often?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If you answered "Yes" to #1, how many more times per season would you visit?

• 1 to 3
    • 4 to 6
    • 7 to 9
    • 10+
  3. 3. Would you like to see a Park Only Pass or Ticket valid for A lift only?

• Yes
    • No

Hey everyone,

Thanks again for all the input. It looked like we were getting over the hump with snowmaking and then Tuesday's deluge set us back again. On the bright side the grooming staff has really stepped it up a notch with the addition of Dave Shankey direct from Deer Valley, Utah!

Ok, here are a few questions that we would appreciate you taking the time to answer. They are simple questions that will help us determine how we should proceed with the development of our parks.

Hey everyone,

Thanks again for all the input. It looked like we were getting over the hump with snowmaking and then Tuesday's deluge set us back again. On the bright side the grooming staff has really stepped it up a notch with the addition of Dave Shankey direct from Deer Valley, Utah!

Ok, here are a few questions that we would appreciate you taking the time to answer. They are simple questions that will help us determine how we should proceed with the development of our parks.

Keep up the great work Mark....U :rock ..........Drew

Edited by emsp4life

I agree with the intermediate terrain point wholeheartedly. ...not to mention 'super park' means even more risk due to conditions -- you need snow, and this year's schenanigans with 60's in mid-January make it tough. Out west, they wake up to a foot of snow and expect it. You get help like that, it is just a matter of massaging it into place. Here we beg and plead only to get a major -rain- event that turns the place to a block of ice.

A thought I've had for some time is (a question to Mark/grooming crew) what equipment is available to churn up the base to get it loamy again? I know there is that chain bar that beats the snow into submission, but is there anything else? Seems what happens a lot when it gets very icey is you see the groomer tracks in the ice where they made the pass over it. Is there anything that uses more of a crosshatch type of pattern to better chew the ice up (better 'granular' quality) and help minimize the edge-catching properties of said groomer tracks?

Lastly, and I know I'm getting pretty far out here, but since we're talking about it..... Out west I've seen them section off the park (for us it'd be closing one park or the other) and bring out the cat for a midday/evening groom. Between this and the great efforts of the park crew, the hits would stay in premium shape. Again, I admit this may be out there, but I'm trying to think out of the box here...

• 1 month later...

I have a few suggestions from my travels up north to other mountains and from what I've seen and noticed from riding bear basically every weekend.

1. you guys have an awesome park and it's only gotten better as the year has progressed but one looming problem is people being in the park that shouldn't be I.E. the very little kids going through with their parents that consequently flatten lips,cut people off and just kind of crowd up the parks I'm not trying to be mean and talk trash on them I'm trying to make the point something needs to be done maybe having park crew actually monitor the parks and keep these kind of people out?

2. The set jumps are amazing all of them but what would be helpful is a spotter on the top set now I know in your smart style video it says something about this but at mountains I've been to in vermont and upstate new york the park crew is actually spotting on the jumps and it helps... alot

I also have to agree with all the other suggestions and ideas that've been dropped in this thread.

:ph34r:

2. The set jumps are amazing all of them but what would be helpful is a spotter on the top set now I know in your smart style video it says something about this but at mountains I've been to in vermont and upstate new york the park crew is actually spotting on the jumps and it helps... alot

I also have to agree with all the other suggestions and ideas that've been dropped in this thread.

:ph34r:

Spotters are the ultimate!! Park passes now!

Spotters are the ultimate!! Park passes now!

Here here papa OH another suggestion I know at mountain creek to get into their more advanced parks you need this park pass dealie it's like 5 bucks and you CAN'T get in without it, this might help cut down on that one problem I brought up!

Here here papa OH another suggestion I know at mountain creek to get into their more advanced parks you need this park pass dealie it's like 5 bucks and you CAN'T get in without it, this might help cut down on that one problem I brought up!

you have no idea how much the park pass helps at Mountain Creek.. most ppl think that its 5 bucks a day to get in so they say screw it.. most ppl i talked to on the lift that shouldnt be in the park didnt even know how to get a park pass which i thought was awsome! haha

you have no idea how much the park pass helps at Mountain Creek.. most ppl think that its 5 bucks a day to get in so they say screw it.. most ppl i talked to on the lift that shouldnt be in the park didnt even know how to get a park pass which i thought was awsome! haha

If only they enacted a park pass and bear... :help