Conditions Report 1/26/06

pyro_boarder

I have the day off from school to day so I was at CB from a little after 8:00 until 12:30. The snow today was firm, but it held an edge so nice. It was mostly a very shallow layer of loose granular with nice grippy snow underneath. I don't think its supposed to warm up much so the snow should stay good for this afternoon. They were also blowing snow on the top of Mark Antony and a couple other spots.

I spent pretty much the whole morning carving down the blacks. Unfortunately they only had the Bailey and Mark Anthony lifts open until just before 11:00AM, and they run so slow. The east side of the mountain was not open this morning but I just heard the they have it open now. Over all today was a great day to be skiing.

They opened the east side of the mountain sometime around 12:30-12:45...it was freaking awesome. Fresh corduroy grooming on cliffhanger and pharoah with no early-morning shadows...never experienced that before...SO sweet. Overall, it seemed like the best conditions CB has had all month. :clap2

They opened the east side of the mountain sometime around 12:30-12:45...it was freaking awesome. Fresh corduroy grooming on cliffhanger and pharoah with no early-morning shadows...never experienced that before...SO sweet. Overall, it seemed like the best conditions CB has had all month. :clap2

I wish I stayed longer, I left just before it opened. That would have been awesome to get first tracks on my first and last runs. The conditions were really good today. Hopefully they stay that way for a while.