Mountain Creek 02/03/2006--getting thin

mtnbiker99x

Took a ride up to Mountain Creek today 02/03/2006. In a nutshell, conditions are really getting thin and they need some cold weather to make some snow to build the base back up.

Stopped at South Peak first and it was supposed to open at 4 p.m. but that never happened. Conditions at South looked real thin too. Vernon was thin but once you worked your way around the obstacles you were fine.

Some trails were bad enough that I broke out the camera phone and snapped a few photos and posed in the galleries.

We can really use come cold weather.

Everything was "rideable" was no walking except getting off the gondola. Bare spots and thin cover, some trails full cover it was a real mixed bag.

The gondola you have to take everything off every time then u have to walk over to where you would ski, it was just very muddy at the top. That was the only walking part, and it was a longer walk than usual.

Edited by mtnbiker99x

Oh yeah, I just remembered. I noticed a lot of garbage under the lifts at Mountain Creek. In particular there must have been a promotion of some type where a lot of stuff got tossed onto the trees by the lift. It really looks like crap and can't be good for the environment. Some corporate marketing department's bright idea I guess.

Oh yeah, I just remembered. I noticed a lot of garbage under the lifts at Mountain Creek. In particular there must have been a promotion of some type where a lot of stuff got tossed onto the trees by the lift. It really looks like crap and can't be good for the environment. Some corporate marketing department's bright idea I guess.

well what most of the garbage is.. during they grand prix they handed out alot of little army men with parachutes to promote.. well i forget haha but everyone that went up the lift threw the army guys off.. so they are all over the resort..

and i was plannin on goin to creek this week but im gonna hold of till after the cold and the snow this comin weekend to go up cause it looks bad..