Report for 2/10

volklyokel

After four days at Blue Knob, I was ready for a change of venue and popped through Whitetail for six hours before heading home. The snow guns were on when I arrived around 10:45 AM, but they shut them off around 12:30 that afternoon. After that, the clouds broke for a while and everyone was treated with some very nice packed powder in the sunshine. I ran everything except Exhibition, which was mildly bumped up (I've seen it "worse"). The terrain park on Angel Drop was busy since one of the the nearby school districts had the day off, yesterday.

The highlights, for me, were running Bold Decision and Far Side.

The Photos:

Looking up the final drop of the Far Side

Looking down the "big" steep on Bold Decision. Kind of reminded me of a smaller version of Deer Valley's Big Stick.

To get to the black-diamond runs, you have to follow Drop In. Here it is from the top.

The view from the top of Limelight (blue square).

Perhaps the best shot I took all week: A view from the top of Angel Drop. (another blue)

And here's a view of the Whitetail cafeteria. This is a nice cafeteria.

If I had to complain about one thing about skiing at Whitetail, it's that the slopes lack much variability. The descending pitch stays about the same for most of the blue runs, no matter which one you come down. You can't blame Whitetail for that situation, as it is just the way the mountain is. I do like the variable pitches found on Far Side and Bold Decision.

V