Shawnee's Park this weekend??

Saurus

Wow i was totally dissapointed with shawnees park this year! I went 3 times once in the beginiing of the season, in the middle and then today and yesterday. Every time i went the park was in bad shape. Barely anything to hit. Yesterday/today there was like a total of 2 rails in the parlk. If anyone saw a

Kid in Brown jacket and white pants with a shaunwhite 05 board with burton p1s and an RED hifi helm with brown mirrored annons.....that was me

gotta add... there is no snow in that park, hence lack of features.

Plus id rather have decent coverage with less features, than a jamed packed layout and rails falling out due to lack of snow. But hey that's me lol.

Edited by parkbuilder

Um yeah you guys obviously didnt read i said that everytime i went they didnt have anything setup at all.

Hey i have no sense for fun right. Well why dont you drive 2 freeking hours in a car and look at a terrain park with nothing on it. And spend 30 bucks for nothing. And if you have ever been up to bear creek they have way better conditions and a way better park in way better condition and the mountains not even close to the poconos

well you shouldn't have been suprised ParkBuilder posted the park layout on friday becuase i asked him before i drove an hour out there for it. i could have gone to mountain creek for free but i felt like doing some free riding and the trails at shawnee had snow that was like a hundred times better than what was left at mountain creek. besides shawnee isn't the best place for late season park becuase there is dirt under the features instead of a flat trail with snow features, there is less snow to push around. if those plateaus in the middle where snow instead of dirt there would be enough snow to push around and keep it going, but you can see the dirt melting through. it opens faster that way but ends sooner. i'd personally stick with the dirt, i'd rather hte park open full earlier than close later becuase parks usually have a low priority on snowmaking and the mountain usually closes with plenty of coverage anyway.

Either way, i still had a hell of a lot of fun, mostly just becuase of those 2 spines and the up-flat-down setup plus the nostaligia of going back to shawnee after a 4 year absesnce. My first day of snowboarding ever was at shawnee, and so was my last day of snowboarding before college, and its kind of unclear how much i will do in college so its like full circle for me.

Besides i remember when i was throwing 360s on skis like 5 years ago thinking bushkill would be the perfect place for a park. and i also rememeber breaking two pairs of skis in 2 days, and then getting nutted on the 3rd day and deciding it was time to snowboard instead. Good fucking times. If i had a drink i'd toast it to shawnee for lots of memories.

Im a local at shawnee. and you REALLY must have been going on crappy days, because there really wasnt once that I went and nothing was setup. and I've been snowboarding 60+ days this season.

Also, about bear creek. its like 2 feet tall man. If im driving an hour, im going to a good park like mountain creek. Its amazing, even in pictures, you can see that bears boxes and such all have bubbles and warped plexi on the surface. and not to mention there jumps being 1/4 pipes. I'm not saying that bear isn't good or anything, but to drive that far, creek is FAR superior.

if there was "nothing setup anytime you went there" maybe you shouldn't have came back. We don't exactly like kids like you up at shawnee. Don't complain, its the end of the season.

my point here is, if your going to travel far for a park, go to creek.

I've come to the conclusiont hat not many people know what there talking about here, and have nothing but bad to say about anyplace around here, or anywhere else in fact. there are a select few.

icon..i think i have seen you before...

i think ill be heading up this weekend .. probably sunday...

i loved the park this year..i thought it was great..icon just doesnt have anything better to do besides have sex with his shaun white board...oh well...

good job to the park crew and thanks

well you shouldn't have been suprised ParkBuilder posted the park layout on friday becuase i asked him before i drove an hour out there for it. i could have gone to mountain creek for free but i felt like doing some free riding and the trails at shawnee had snow that was like a hundred times better than what was left at mountain creek. besides shawnee isn't the best place for late season park becuase there is dirt under the features instead of a flat trail with snow features, there is less snow to push around. if those plateaus in the middle where snow instead of dirt there would be enough snow to push around and keep it going, but you can see the dirt melting through. it opens faster that way but ends sooner. i'd personally stick with the dirt, i'd rather hte park open full earlier than close later becuase parks usually have a low priority on snowmaking and the mountain usually closes with plenty of coverage anyway.

Either way, i still had a hell of a lot of fun, mostly just becuase of those 2 spines and the up-flat-down setup plus the nostaligia of going back to shawnee after a 4 year absesnce. My first day of snowboarding ever was at shawnee, and so was my last day of snowboarding before college, and its kind of unclear how much i will do in college so its like full circle for me.

Besides i remember when i was throwing 360s on skis like 5 years ago thinking bushkill would be the perfect place for a park. and i also rememeber breaking two pairs of skis in 2 days, and then getting nutted on the 3rd day and deciding it was time to snowboard instead. Good fucking times. If i had a drink i'd toast it to shawnee for lots of memories.

couldn't have said it better myself...even though i broke my arm last saturday at shawnee...bs to gap to fs on the battleship box and slipped out..ugh stupid mistakes.

ok so anyway, shawnee came a long way this year(thanks to keith) and props to that man. i loved it. good season

• 1 month later...