Killington this time of year??

bigdaddyk

I was debating about going to Killington on Monday April 17th. What type of coverage could I expect and does anybody think it would be worth a six hour drive??? :confused I also noticed that they have trails listed as open, that go beyond the open lifts. Do you have to hike these, to the closest lift?

Edited by bigdaddyk

I was debating about going to Killington on Monday April 17th. What type of coverage could I expect and does anybody think it would be worth a six hour drive??? :confused I also noticed that they have trails listed as open, that go beyond the open lifts. Do you have to hike these, to the closest lift?

Hey..

I just got in not too long ago. I skied Killington on Friday and Saturday. Was it worth it?? This was my last time out this season :( So I thought it was definately worth going!! :yes (I prolly would have enjoyed it more, had I not been sick). The conditions changed drastically from Friday to Saturday. What to expect.. This one guy was saying that they're going to try to stay open until the first weekend in May.. Mogals, Ungroomed trails, Skiing through puddles of slush/water, Thin Cover (in some places), Spillway required some walking.. but you could avoid that and take Great Nothern to Mouse Trap to Bunny Buster to get back to the K1 Lodge. The base was all mud and muck. The through way area's snow cover was non existent, so you either had to walk to the Gondola or walk over to the Superstar Quad. Lots and Lots of runoff.. from that 4 letter r word I shall not speak of!! :(

Cascade and Double Dipper were in great shape, as far as coverage!! East Fall was also do-able. The blues that were open over in that area.. I don't see them being open much longer.. It was like skiing on water..

Super Star was a little hairy up at the top (rocks). They still have a huge mound of snow up there.. I don't know if they're going to eventually push that down or not.. and there are a few other bare patches. The bottom of Skye Lark had thin cover.. Bittersweet was nice.. You didn't have to hike to those other trails.. Panic Button was actually very rewarding because people were sticking to the main trails.. nobody was on it.. and the coverage was nice.. as flat it's going to get. The only downside.. you end up on Snowshed Crossover. There were barely any lift lines.. And most people quit early.. (couldn't hack the conditions) I guess what it comes down to is how bad do you want to ski? The conditions are different are you willing to put up with it?

Later..

Time to catch some ZzZz'z

:P

Hey..

I just got in not too long ago. I skied Killington on Friday and Saturday. Was it worth it?? This was my last time out this season :( So I thought it was definately worth going!! :yes (I prolly would have enjoyed it more, had I not been sick). The conditions changed drastically from Friday to Saturday. What to expect.. This one guy was saying that they're going to try to stay open until the first weekend in May.. Mogals, Ungroomed trails, Skiing through puddles of slush/water, Thin Cover (in some places), Spillway required some walking.. but you could avoid that and take Great Nothern to Mouse Trap to Bunny Buster to get back to the K1 Lodge. The base was all mud and muck. The through way area's snow cover was non existent, so you either had to walk to the Gondola or walk over to the Superstar Quad. Lots and Lots of runoff.. from that 4 letter r word I shall not speak of!! :(

Cascade and Double Dipper were in great shape, as far as coverage!! East Fall was also do-able. The blues that were open over in that area.. I don't see them being open much longer.. It was like skiing on water..

Super Star was a little hairy up at the top (rocks). They still have a huge mound of snow up there.. I don't know if they're going to eventually push that down or not.. and there are a few other bare patches. The bottom of Skye Lark had thin cover.. Bittersweet was nice.. You didn't have to hike to those other trails.. Panic Button was actually very rewarding because people were sticking to the main trails.. nobody was on it.. and the coverage was nice.. as flat it's going to get. The only downside.. you end up on Snowshed Crossover. There were barely any lift lines.. And most people quit early.. (couldn't hack the conditions) I guess what it comes down to is how bad do you want to ski? The conditions are different are you willing to put up with it?

Later..

Time to catch some ZzZz'z

:P

Thanks for the report. I already had decided not to go, because I haven't been there before and I don't want to get the wrong impression of the place. Not to mention, the long drive kind of made me decide to wait until the upcoming season, when conditions are better.

Edited by bigdaddyk

45th Annual May 1st Fun Slalom

45th Annual May 1st Fun Slalom

This event is free with a season pass or lift

ticket for the day, just sign up in the K-1 Lodge

prior to the event. Everyone who completes the

slalom course on Superstar will receive a free

lift ticket for next season, some restrictions

may apply. The top racers will receive extra

prizes from Adidas Eyewear.