Student Pass?

pyro_boarder

Didn't CB used to have a season pass price for college students? I'm not seeing it on there website, so that really sucks if they got rid of it.

On a better note they dropped the junor limited pass price back under 300. (too bad I just turned 19 <_<)

[edit]2006/2007 Season Pass Rates

Edited by pyro_boarder

Didn't CB used to have a season pass price for college students? I'm not seeing it on there website, so that really sucks if they got rid of it.

On a better note they dropped the junor limited pass price back under 300. (too bad I just turned 19 <_<)

WHAT?!?!

Wow that really sucks. So this doesn't directly affect me any more, since I'm not getting a student pass this year, but I have lots of friends who are. Dumb move CB. Gonna go out on a limb and say the average college student does not have $500+ to spend on a season pass. I know a bunch of people from ESU that rocked the season pass simply because it was such a great value at $199. LAME!

Cool thinks for the link pyro!

I couldn't imagine why they would do that.

The college pass has typically retained the same price regardless of when it is purchased. Posting the prices this early in the season isn't neccissarily beneficial, as no savings is gained by purchasing this early. I'm curious as to what the price will be though.

I'm not saying they shouldn't do it, but what benefit does a ski area get from offering a student pass?

None of them have any money to spend on gear , food, drinks etc at the hill, most are not exactly a PR dream, if they are actually attending Uni' then they are only likely to be there at peak times, I just dont see the attraction in offering them cheap passes.

Wouldn't it be better (for the resort) to restrict them to a pass like they've just announced for school kids? Cheap but at off-peak hours.

Please enlighten me, without being rude. :confused

I'm not saying they shouldn't do it, but what benefit does a ski area get from offering a student pass?

None of them have any money to spend on gear , food, drinks etc at the hill, most are not exactly a PR dream, if they are actually attending Uni' then they are only likely to be there at peak times, I just dont see the attraction in offering them cheap passes.

Wouldn't it be better (for the resort) to restrict them to a pass like they've just announced for school kids? Cheap but at off-peak hours.

Please enlighten me, without being rude. :confused

People who are in college now will have families in just a few years. One of the big problems facing ski areas is getting people into the sport. What better than roping in people who in a few years will have families and a resonable sized disposable income (along the lines of college education leads to higher salary). Sure some will be a drain, but not all. My friends and I typically ride early morning, or evenings. Not peak times.

Also, other mountians are offering student passes, so if they don't offer it they will lose business to other mountains. All that in mind, it's still money. Sure they may not be the best at bringing in money now, but it is still $200 a person. I usually meet a handfull of people from ESU at CB everytime I'm there. I bet they make a good chunk of change on students.

There are also other things that may or may not play into the mix. Like what kind of image CB is trying to portray, and whether or not they want lots of young attractive, athletic, fun loving people around their mountain (this isn't me being vein, I'm making a generalized statement about college students). College kids (that are old enough) do love bars...

Also, college kids generally don't have a lot of money so by offering a discounted rate you attract people who wouldn't spent that much other wise. For example I thought that I would not get a season pass this year, but because the pass is such a good deal I am thinking about getting it for the about a month I will be home during the winter. A season pass would not be worth it other wise, and I would be spending my money elsewhere. Like Glenn said, if they treat there customers in college well now, they will be much more likely to come back and spend more money as adults.

Most students with the pass skied closer to 7-8 days than 70-80 days.

... This has been my experience as well. There are a few who do ride quite often. However, the vast majority of the people I know with the student pass rode less than 15 days. Further, several of those 15 days were at a mountain other than the one they had the season pass for.