Official Opening Day

method9455

"MOUNTAIN CREEK WILL BE OPEN THIS WEEKEND!!!!

Yes boys and girls, it has arrived. From 9am (8am for season pass holders) - 4pm on Saturday 12/16 and Sunday 12/17 there will be riding and skiing for all. We will be open with 2 top to bottom trails: 1 on Bear, 1 on South. We're also going to do our best to have some little jibbers up for you, though jumps may be out of the question. So come one, come all to Creek this weekend for sun, snow, and friends. Thanks for all your patience and crazy (somewhat fanatical) support during this preseason. It's been great!"

So only 2 trails, a few jibs, no jumps. All the other mountains (except maybe bear creek) will have more open. I won't be there, I get to pick up my girlfriend at the airport on Saturday and I haven't seen her in 4 months so that has is more fun than riding 2 shitty creek trails.

Anyone going up? I might head up Monday when the crowds aren't as insane since I have to pick up my season pass anyway.

On one hand, mad they didn't blow much snow. On the other, we all know MC's snowmaking budget is small, so glad they didn't make a bunch of snow that will melt off anyway. Maybe after this warm spell they'll make snow and it will stay cold for a while, I hope they actually get 100% open this year.

I won't be there, I get to pick up my girlfriend at the airport on Saturday and I haven't seen her in 4 months so that has is more fun

:naughty

anyways, what are the temps generally like at MC compared to the pocono's, or are they more like BC