park question

ltd_chick78

just looking for general advice i guess....

i've been riding for a few years but never really hit up the park, and i really want to. last year when they set up the smaller park on lower grizzly i was trying some of the stuff on there and did ok, but i'm not really sure how to make the step up.

do they offer park lessons or anything?

or are ya'll in the park generally fairly patient with people who are trying it out for the first time and are wiping out left and right?

any advice on how best to start out?

thanks.

just looking for general advice i guess....

i've been riding for a few years but never really hit up the park, and i really want to. last year when they set up the smaller park on lower grizzly i was trying some of the stuff on there and did ok, but i'm not really sure how to make the step up.

do they offer park lessons or anything?

or are ya'll in the park generally fairly patient with people who are trying it out for the first time and are wiping out left and right?

any advice on how best to start out?

thanks.

Just hit it! Seriously, as long as you practice "smart style" you shouldn't have any problems with anybody in the park. Just call your drop, stay out of the landings, try not to roll over the lips and run ups. Make sure to check out the features first, before you hit em. It's cool that BC has the beginner park, they also have small features in the main parks to help you transition to the bigger stuff. I don't know of any lessons, but the best lesson is gettin the balls to try a new feature and go for it, not back out at the last moment, etc. As long as you don't make it dangerous for anyone in the park, you shouldn't have any problems. Just be smart and go get yourself some stoke!

When Bob & I want to play in the park we try to go when it's empty. This way we can learn at our own pace and not wreck anyone else's fun. At BC we usually have the park to ourselves at the end of the night but that could have changed. At Blue the park seems to be pretty quiet in the morning. At CB there's a little park that we used and were pretty much alone the whole day but it was just jumps and there were no rails. Hope that helps.

New for this season, Bear Creek is offering Freestyle Coaching, which sounds like it might be perfect for you. The program takes place every Tuesday night at 6:30pm and includes 1 1/2 hours of instruction. We also offer this as a private lesson at any time. You can get more information about the program here.