Daily Conditions

Skizilla

Just got back. The conditions were groomed man made snow. It was firm, but loose enough to hold an edge. The snow held up very well through out the day. Unfortunately they have just two runs form the top. Crowds weren't a problem, but as I left buses were starting to unload. The park was the same as it was before they closed, but set up better. Most noticeably was that the flat boxes we a 1'-1.5' above the ground instead of 6".

Overall today was probably some of the best conditions at CB in a while.

I skied late this afternoon. I thought the conditions were darn good! It was mostly packed powder, and a few firm spots, but overall I had fun. Tomorrow should be better -- one more night of snowmaking and everything will get groomed out again. The lower part of Meadows (skier's right) had a small section of snow cookies, but after tonight's grooming-- it will ski great!

Rode from 8-9.30 yesterday evening:

Conditions- not bad, a very good base, but "packed powder"? come-on be realistic, what did you pack it with? a tank? The flatter sections looked very promising with some nice surface but tut's was scraped back to very fast, hardpack with lumpy ice (remnants of last week?) poking through as you exited onto the meadows. I realise this was due to the traffic but that's what you get if you only have 2 ways down.

First complaint - ONLY 5 TRAILS, not the 9 posted on the trail report.

As a non park person, there is only so many time you can ride Tut's without getting bored.

Second complaint - School kids, its NOT ok to sit in groups on the middle of the slope every time one of you falls over, there were tons of rangers around and what were they doing about it? Whistling at me for not slowing down enough as I weaved between them. <_<

Positive note: They have blown lots of snow (and were still blowing) on the other trails they claimed to have open today, once they groom the piles out they should have good cover there too. I would guess that with more grooming Friday morning would be very good.

It's great to see them open again and making good progress towards opening some new stuff, I'll be back up tonight.

Prediction for the weekend: still only 9-10 trails, thousands of people. It doesn't matter to me though because I'm blacked out on my pass. I'll be at Blue, JF or Sno one or both days (I'll let the kids choose).

The conditions were good this morning and will probably stay that way. It was mostly machine groomed man made snow that held an edge good except for the park, but that might soften up. It wasn't crowded this morning, but I don't know what the after school crowds will be like. I can't really give advice if its worth the drive though because mine is only 5 minutes.

Need an opinion. I'm thinking of taking off work for the afternoon and heading over to Camelback. Is the limited terrain (with no black trails open) worth my 1.5 hour drive? I haven't gone skiing yet this year and I'm getting desperate. Thanks.

If they really have the 9/10 trails open today (anyone confirm this?) and you haven't skied yet this year then I would say it's worth it, but it depends how "picky" you are.

Bottom line is that there are 4 runs down from 1 quad (2 blue-> green, 2 green ), note that all of these end on the same 2 green slopes. There's also a small but generally well kept terrain park branching off of one of these green trails which is also serviced by it's own lift. If that's enough to keep you happy after a 1.5 hour drive then you're good to go. Have Fun.

If they really have the 9/10 trails open today (anyone confirm this?) and you haven't skied yet this year then I would say it's worth it, but it depends how "picky" you are.

Bottom line is that there are 4 runs down from 1 quad (2 blue-> green, 2 green ), note that all of these end on the same 2 green slopes. There's also a small but generally well kept terrain park branching off of one of these green trails which is also serviced by it's own lift. If that's enough to keep you happy after a 1.5 hour drive then you're good to go. Have Fun.

Sorry. Yes they do have nine trails (four runs) described above open.