Trip Report 1/18/2007

trtaylor

Dude what's with the links..post the report tto PASR..I refuse to read it..sorry FChzarlie

I won't make you click on a link if/when I post a Pa.-based trip report, I'll post directly on PASR. But, I'm not posting the same trip report on multiple discussion boards.

Dude what's with the links..post the report tto PASR..I refuse to read it..sorry FChzarlie

How's this fuknut?

Date(s) Skied: Thursday, January 18, 2007

Resort or Ski Area: Hunter Mountain

Conditions: Mostly sunny. Packed powder.

Trip Report: Pulled into the parking lot at 8:45am. After getting our tickets and and getting booted up, we headed for the Express Quad. Snow guns were blasting when we arrived, but with the sun out and moderating temperatures they shut them down mid-morning.

First two runs were down Belt Parkway. Was thinking since it had stayed below freezing that it would be nice. It was ok, but wasn't as nice as I had hoped. Looked like maybe it had been groomed wet at some point, as there were some rough spots. But nothing we couldn't deal with.

Speaking of the express quad, gee whiz, it seemed like the thing stopped on every other trip up. Not really sure what was up with that.

Decide next to hit Hellgate. This turned out to be nice all day, really. Also, Minya was great. It was in great shape and hardly anyone was skiing on it. Did a few runs on Eastside Drive, and it too was in good shape, but Minya seemed more fun. Not sure why. This was only my second day ever skiing at Hunter, though.

Just before lunch made a run down Heuga. We were a little tenative (first time) and it had a few icy spots, but nothing to panic over. I guess I came away with the impression that it would be a blast if it had 4"-6" of natural snow on it.

Took a lunch break and then went back out for more runs down Hellgate and Minya. At lunch we asked some guys next to us about Way Out. They said top half was nice, but bottom half was icy. We decided to skip it for today.

Was sure nice to ski in winter weather. And a great time was had by all.

:ph34r: