1/21 & 1/19 Reports

Matt

Two for one ... you can't beat that.

1/19 - 1-4:30pm

Nothing really to report. It was before the "other side opened up" so I basically skied Kodiak all day. Met up with some friends and did a few runs in the park

Left at 4:30pm as the crowds were arriving and i was getting bored sking kodiak all day.

1/21 - 3:58pm - 9pm

got there at 3:45pm ... started skiing at 3:58pm

first day at BC when they had the "other side" open. what i can i say, almost a perfect day of skiing. sasquatch was in perfect condition, grizzly was also in perfect condition. extreme had some ice up top, but once you got thru that ... that was perfect.

did most of the runs on kodiak, sasquatch, and grizzly.

noticed around 8:30pm ... some group was doing some ritual dealing with lights and skiing. not sure what it was about except they closed down part of the mountain for a few minutes while they had the lights shut off for them.

the new chair is super comfortable. they were blowing snow from about every gun they had. i made a major mistake by wearing my spyder fleece jacket, should of worn the mountain hardware softshell, but whatever.

many thanks to Mark and the whoel BC crew for getting the mountain ready.

...i'll be back there tomorrow around 7pm for some more night runs.

i totally don't want to be debbie downer because i'm so happy bear is open, but i'm a little bummed after my first day out...

i was up yesterday evening and didn't get to do much of anything cause i was teaching my sister... but the top of the triple that goes up to drifter was a mess last night... it was pretty much all exposed carpet and everyone's skis and boards were getting stuck to it, and most people were then getting knocked down by the chair... one kid got stuck, freaked out and pulled his skis up, and ended up falling off the chair down the side... where it's all rocky... and when i went to take a last run by myself on kodiak it was a huge sheet of ice...

i know you guys have had a lot of challenges this season, and we appreciate your getting up and ready and quickly and as fully as you did... and i know the park is your main draw and i can't wait to hit it later this season, but please don't leave out the rest of us who just like getting out and making turns (and the beginners we're teaching to use the lift for the first time)!

(i know the ice thing is just going to happen after a long day and everything, but i feel like it's way worse here than anywhere else i've been)