Mountain Recomendations

mystrymaster

I am taking my family out to a mountain this weekend and we are in a bind as we do not know which mountain to go to.

We have been to bear creek last year (me, wife and brother(1)) twice We are all advanced beginners, we will ski/ride the whole mountain at bear creek except the black trails. and the other two skiers (brother(2) and brother(3)) will ski/ride just the greens in the begining and we might get them on some easier blues.

Bear Creek is about 1 hour and 10 minutes from us.

The other mounatin we were looking at was camelback - we have never been there however it looks like it might provide us with a good day skiing/riding as from the pictures the trails look to be a little longer and it has more of them. Plus it's just a different mountain to ski so that is always good. But I am begining to get concerned about some of the stuff I am reading about on here about the skiiers/riders at camelback.

Camelback is about 2 hours away

I am reaching out to this community to help us have the best weekend possible

Edited by mystrymaster

Hit up Bear Creek this weekend, a higher percentage of their stuff will be open. Try out Camelback later in the year when they have more trails open - despite the trail count the actual number of ways down the mountain is small right now, not worth the extra drive time/money for the tickets etc. Plus it is more crowded than Bear Creek. Though we hate the administration at Camelback here, the skiing is really good once everything is open.

I mirrored methods post in your other thread within the CB forum except I suggested JFBB over Bear due to the novelty of having one ticket good for 2 places.

I love having a ticket good to two places, except when one isn't worth skiing (BB)

For me there are two ski areas in the Poconos. Bear Creek, which is close and has great amenities and snowmaking. And Blue Mountain which is taller and I like the terrain there. I have issues with the rest, and if I am going to drive as far as Elk, I'll just keep going to hunter, and if I am going to drive as far as hunter, I might as well do a weekend trip to Vermont. Which I'm doing in two weeks :wiggle