15 Day Forecast for Beginning of Dec.

Papasteeze

It looks like a really good sustained cold spell is on the way. I have noticed that the actual temps at Big Boulder are about 3 degrees colder at night than the surrounding online weather reports are saying.

http://www.accuweather.com/forecast-15day....24&metric=0

Jump suggestions:

small jumps in freedom up to 15-20' lip to knuckle

medium in merry widow up to 25'-30

Big Boulder. Rather than a step down jump line of 3 jumps 30-50' - How about build one true step up, 35'ish lip to knoll to ~75' to toe of landing slope?

- It might not be possible just because of the sheer volume of snow that would be needed on the Slope on Big BOulder trail. Anyone else feeling it?

I'll try to get some pics up showing some examples of the step up.

Edited by Papasteeze

Seriously though a step up would be amazing, you can go so much bigger on them without worrying about killing yourself

Exactly.. With all the hub-bub about RCR closing thier jumps this season. This would send one hell of a good message across the industry.

1185258949matty3coc.jpg

1145880038cocostepup.jpg

I have some side views somewhere. If anyone has good pics from the side, it would be appreciated.

I like the idea of a step up but Boulder Park is not the place, it is just too steep. What about the area at the bottom of Merry Widow where the battleship box/rail leading into the oil drum was in early january last year? You come down with plenty of speed but the ground is basically flat so if you are building up a step up, you need less snow. Hunter had one like this 2 years ago, but it was about 15 feet to the knuckle, 30 to the landing. It didn't take much more snow than a regular tabletop built on flat land. I'm not sure what a 75 footer would look like, but there is no run out for that. Maybe a 20/40 would be doable. The other place that would be possible is the bottom of One Park at JF, it too gets flat down where the flat boxes were situated, but has lots of steep ness coming in for the necessary speed. Overall I felt a lack of big tabletop jumps last year, but that is mostly how the terrain is not a design or snow issue.

the landing doesnt even have to be higher than the lip, even if they could build a jump where the landing is at the same height as the top of the lip, (which is technically still a step up) it wouldnt require as much snow, it would be a lot safer and much better that any of the jumps from last season

Merry Widow would work slope wise but it is just too crowded with joeys. How about Multi-Weg, the trail next to Big Boulder - it flattens out at the bottom and might accommidate a 40' high mound of snow and runout. It needs to have a maxium 70-80' air to be done right.... anything smaller.... naaaaaa JMHO!!!!!!!!!