Nordica Doberman vs. Atomic Race Tech vs Head Raptor

Bobert540

If you are really serious about a good fit, I'd recommend GMO up at Stratton. True, Greg Hoffman, has gone west but it sounds like he trained his staff well in alignment and balance issues and, making beds.

The main attraction of GMO, is that you can have temporary adjustments done, some cardboard and duct tape added by his crew, go out the back door and onto the lift and take a run to see how things feel and then come back and fine tune it some more.

At the end of the day you come out with a boot that has been adjusted a few times to where it works perfectly for you.

GMO is very good at boot fitting and alignment issues. I started getting fit by them in 1997 and have fit me in at least 4 pair of boots. I have no complaints or problems on the work they did for me, and quite frankly I would have never passed my PSIA level 3 without them.

However, I had a chance to speak with Bill Kaplan from the Doylestown area when he was at Sno Mt last year. This guy has his shit together. I have studied canting and alignment since 1997. I belive it is the gateway to good skiing, anybody with alignment issues knows what I am talking about. When I had my conversation with Bill it was a very enlighting. I always understood fore/aft alignment and also canting to get to a flat ski, however, I never realized the rotational issue of the legs. If your legs point out or in when you walk, that seriously affects your ablity to turn your skis.

Bill and Sno Mt are in the talking stages of setting up a "GMO lab like" situation at Sno Mt, get fit, go ski with duct tape like was perviously stated, fix any small issues, etc..... If any body is interested in having a boot fitting lab like that in our area, Please call Sno Mt to let them know so maybe we will get him to our area so we don't have to travel 4 hours to get it done.