Cameras !!Mark and the New Management!!

DatKid

I was just looking at the mountain via your amazing web cameras but what i failed to see was the other side of the mountain!! Its great and all you have 3 movable cameras and one static one for the (skier) left-side but you kinda fall way short on the (skier) right-side. So i propose you try to add one or two cameras for the right side of the mountain. Plus if parents the ones who drive the kids who spend time in the park to bear but they see the other side of the mountain is nice they'll be more will to come to bear and spend there hard earned green!!!! Oh another very little thing to consider don't get the groomer out two early because in recent years its been putting rocks in the snow which have put nice scratches in my skis, specifically around the lift area. Ok well thanks a lot Mark for all your work and hope to be seeing the right side soon!!!!!!

I think your directions may be mixed up. Don't you mean the cameras are on the skier's right? You directions make sense if looking at the trail map. The cameras are around Black Bear Park, Cascade, and the lodge area, all which are on the skier's right side of the mountain if headed downhill. Am I not right?

Regardless, I agree with Skierboy. It would be cool to see the other side of the mountain and I've thought about this before. However, remember that the cameras are focused on the parks and base area. These are all places where activity is centered. Also, they may not have the facilities to put cameras farther away from the base area. You need a power supply to the camera (which I'm sure wouldnt be terribly difficult considering they have power for lifts, lighting, and snow guns), and a communications line back to the base area (or wherever their server is located).

(Out of personal curiosity) Mark, at what voltages do your snow guns and lighting operate? How about the lifts?

Yeah i stand corrected! But it isn't hard considering the mt. is wired up for power and other utilities. But regardless there should be cameras on the other side plus there is a family park and timberline is used to race on, so to say there is no activity is really not true.

I hate to break it to you skierboy but most of the reasons you've been seeing rocks near the lift is contruction they layed all that rock down as a make shift road for the construction vehicles so they don't destory the ground more then they need to; that said it would be nice to see a camera or two over on the other side of the mountain.