my sincere disappointment

Dave_S

I wanted to take the time out to express my sincere disappointment with your early season policy for season pass holders. You have offered 3 types of passes in three tiers and each are priced differently based on the days available to the pass holders. The first type of pass is the unlimited pass

I'm answering this from Camelbacks point of view..I'm sure they don't really care though..

If the Saturday night to Friday night passholders were allowed to ski on Saturday days..the unlimited passholders would also be pissed..you shouldn't expect to be able to ski/ride on Saturday days if that's precisely what the pass excludes. Camelback made a concession to nights only passholders because they aren't going to have night skiing for a few weeks. If they didn't offer Sunday skiing then I could see why you should be entitled to Saturday day skiing. Quit complaining and accept the terms of your pass. Life isn't always fair..

You are missing the point - i am not pissed because someone else gets to ski; i am pissed because I dont get to ski. If the unlimited pass holders are going to be mad that i get to ski then why would they not be mad if Night pass holders get to ski?

If i have to accept the terms of my pass then why do Nite skiiers not have to accept their terms?

Because Camelback doesn't want to piss off the night passholders by not allowing them to ski for 1-2 weeks. You can still ski on Sunday morning...so the night passholders get to ski maybe two Saturdays that you don't get...but you weren't expecting to ski those Saturdays so it's really no loss to you. Next season just buy an unlimited pass if you really want to ski on Saturdays. Camelback does not have to be fair....they really don't care about their passholders..it's been the recurring theme for years...nobody is forcing you to ski there.

All good points - i'll shut up

I just looked at the policy at CB - to have a night pass you have to be under 18 (and will also most likely be in school). What's the big deal? The kid that got a night pass gets a weekend to ski without having to wait the first weeks out because of being in school or the hill not open at nights.

If anything - it looks like good customer service to give some opportunity to all pass holds to get out. Mon - Fri pass holders can still get out the days the pass allows.

If CB did nothing, no one would have had anything to complain about, except the night skiers that would have to wait at least a week to get out. What's crazy is that CB broke a policy to get night pass holders --- kids that are in school --- a chance to ski --- a good thing -- and people are giving them crap? It seems that CB cares about the Night Pass Holder, and that's the cheapest tier?

Bottom line CB is not a local friendly mountain. You can be a local there, and there are perks. It's not a mountain geared towards making the local pass holder happy. IE you are a pass holder and you are interested in skiing before Christmas.

Apparently CB feels that the voices of those locals aren't loud enough to warrant a change, as they keep getting enough business to be happy.

I do know they watch and read this board, but to a large extent they have their business plan figured out, and "can't please everyone."

That being said, in the past there have been breakdowns in communication and what part of the CB organization thought was the case was not. Or even the policy was changed on the fly. Since the CB folks don't read this every day, I suggest calling and voicing your frustrations, since it will get to them much faster than posting it here. You may find it's a dead end, but they may change their minds or tell you whomever you spoke with was incorrect.

Camelback Corrects a Wrong!

"Dear David,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us with your concerns regarding the different types of season passes and how they are able to be used prior to the start of night skiing. I understand your concerns, and I am happy to let you know that all season passes will be honored on Saturday December 8, 2007, regardless of the normal restrictions. We are opening for night skiing on Friday December 14, 2007. Beginning that day, Nights Only passes may only be used from 4-10pm, and regular restrictions will apply for Sun-Fri & Nights passes. I hope that this relieves your disappointment with our early season pass policy for passholders and that you have a great time on the mountain tomorrow on Opening Day!

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 570.629.1661. Thanks again and have a great season!

Ashleigh Shunk "

This is fantastic - See you at camelback on Saturday!