Triport(Get it?!?)

n0xidee

After eating 10 bagel bites and two pieces of chocolate with caramel inside, I left for Blue mountain. The time was 12:11 and the temperature was 52 degrees. Pulled into the upper lot at exactly 1:24 and the temperature at 48 degrees. The lot was not crowded at all. Booted up, got my ticket, went to the bathroom, was on the hill.

Started with the short run down to the Main Street Chair. Snow was soft, almost to the point of being slushy but not that bad. Easy to carve, but not that quick. From there I moved over to the Lazy Mile and Main Street. Did about 2 laps on each to see which had the better snow. It was def Main Street. So I took 4 runs down Main Street. It was nice having the mountain pretty much to myself. It was weird however that there were hardly any skiers. There were def more boarders, and I would say about as many bladers as there were skiers. I continued to lap Main Street and Lazy Mile till my 15th run. Thats when I saw AtomicJeff coming down below the chair I was on so I waited for him at the top. We took one lap down Lazy Mile so that he could look for his missing basket that he lost last night from his pole to no avail. Our second run was down Main Street. Jeff had said the temperature was 41 when he got there and I could tell the temp had dropped. The snow by that time was hardening. For the time being, it was great to carve in, and also was getting faster. On our second lift ride up we saw Doug coming down Main Street so at the top we waited for him. While waiting we saw Rodeo-Steve for a bit and then he went into the park again.

Doug finally made it up and I skied with those two for the rest of my time there doing runs down Main Street and Lazy Mile. On my second to last lap we saw Matt-Stunts up top and him, Jeff, and Doug all did Barney's Bumps. I am not much of a bump skier so i stayed to the side on Main Street. By this time the snow was all pushed aside and was getting to be pretty much hardpack or ice. The next lap we did was down the terrain park so we could watch Matt tear it up and also try to get a girl to lick his ski. Doug also taught me the first lesson of SmartStyle: Look before you leap. That was my last run. I called it quits at 30 runs.

Even though my ticket was only an afternoon one and was done at 5, I skied till 6:05. I left the lot at 6:11 and the temp at 35 degrees. On the way home I stopped at Sheetz on 145 and got two Schmuffins, 3 choco chip cookies, a Vanilla Coke, and a SFRB(the drink) so that I wouldn't fall asleep on the way home. All in all it was well worth the trip. Can't wait to get back out there again.