TR Jack Frost 12-19-07

RidgeRacer

Just got home from another nice day at Jack Frost. I got there around 11:45, booted up in the lot, got my ticket and headed straight for Thunderbolt. The snow was nice and fast on Thunderbolt. I then headed over to East mt. They blew a ton of snow all over East and Solitude Telstar were open. There was an "ungroomed" sign at the top of lightning. The snow they blew last night was untouched which meant sticky, man made snow and snow snakes were everywhere. It looks like they're trying to let river shot bump up which will be nice once it is bumped. I did a few leg burning laps on the ungroomed river shot then headed over to the challenge glades...once again the run of the day. I later hit Mad Tree which looked sketchy at first but wasn't all thet bad, really gluey and tough to turn on. It was best just to pick a straight line and go.

They were blowing on Floyds Folly and that should be done by the weekend. I was scoping out the Elevator. I saw once set of tracks but I wasn't going to attempt it with what little snow was on it. There are tree branches, brush etc. all over it that I really couldn't find the line once there is enough snow. It just doesn't look skiable anymore. Maybe I have to scope it out from the bottom of Floyd's once thats open. All in all another great day at JF, not as good as yesterday due to all of the sticky snow but still good. When I left it was snowing pretty good...probably just a squall (sp?) though.

Challenge glades were definitely the best run there it got faster after we got the snow. I did that run almost all day which is rare to get me out of the park. All in all a great day at Frost, be there tomorrow for a couple of run before heading over to boulder

it was my first day back on the snow and was an awesome day for it. not sure when we got there but when we left frost at 4 to head over to boulder it was still snowing and overall they got a measurable amount from nature while blowing the entire day. very few people there and plenty of untouched spots on the mountain and was fun boarding through the trees