Jack Frost 12-24-07

RidgeRacer

Just got back from a quick outing at JF. Pulled up around noon and the lot was fairly full. There was a small line at the ticket window so I went right to the pass validation hut and got my ticket. I went directly for thunderbolt then hit east mt. The snow was serious hardpack with sugar on top...definitely not my favorite conditions but with the heavy rain last night I guess it wasn't too bad. I was a bit disappointed to see that Floyd's hasn't opened yet. I did laps on River shot and called it a day. There were a good amount of people but I was there at peak time so that's to be expected. Still lots of fun though.

The trees took a beating with all of the rain. I saw two people hit Mad Tree a few times but I stayed out of it. Challenge glade looked like there was still snow in it. I didn't attempt it though. Rocks were exposed pretty much everywhere. Hopefully we'll get some snow soon to replenish the trees.