Morning Report for Tuesday January 1, 2008

SkiCamelback

The snow started to come down around 5:30 am this morning and now (7am) we have about 2 inches of new snow. I hear it's raining in lower elevations and futher south? By looking at the radar, it looks like we'll be getting snow for the next several hours.

Conditions - Machine groomed and packed powder with a little fresh snow on top. Sames trails open as yesterday (24 of 33), and the snow coverage continues to be good. Temps are expected to drop later today and Wednesday and snowmaking will continue.

CB Conditions Page

Expecting light crowds today -- A good morning to get out on fresh snow!

Happy New Years!

It's Ski Camelback's Birthday (as in the ski area)-- the ski area opened for skiers in 1963! This year marks the 45th aniversary of the resort (a birthday sort of). When I filled out the profile for the MB, I just plugged in the 1/1/63 for age for the ski area. It's not my personal birthday (and I'm not that old yet).

We will have a few events scheduled to celebrate later this season.

FYI-- as of right now (10:30 am) we have recieved about 5 inches of new snow this morning. It has stopped snowing and the new snow is getting skied in. I have been told the skiing is good.

Happy New Years!

Edited by SkiCamelback