TR 1-9-08, Jack Frost

Just back from another day at JF. Got there around 11:45 and decided to take my fist run of the year on Lehigh. The snow was pretty nasty on Lehigh. They really need to run a groomer on it. It was pretty much gluey, sunbaked piles of snow. Maybe it's a way to conserve snow. I'm not sure. I headed for Thunderbolt which was much better. I don't think they groomed anything on the Mt., which is not necessarily a bad thing, but Lehigh needed it. I Headed for East where I did laps on River Shot and Floyd's for pretty much the rest of the day. The snow on East was like yesterday, loose granular...just right for the warm conditions. Floyd's is in EXCELLENT shape. To JF's credit, there are no bare spots except for a few very small ones on Exhibition and Rivershot - nothing major at all. They are holding up extremely well. I was even able to duck into the outter edge of the "Mad Trees" to the right side of solitude. All in all a great, spring like day at Frost.