Blue is impressing me

ThinkSnow

Just thought I would point out that blue has 29 of 30 trails open (only the pipe is closed, and has yet to be open this year), and Camelback has 7 of 33... I'm quite impressed with what blue has been able to do this year with getting and keeping terrain open.

Just thought I would point out that blue has 29 of 30 trails open (only the pipe is closed, and has yet to be open this year), and Camelback has 7 of 33... I'm quite impressed with what blue has been able to do this year with getting and keeping terrain open.

i'm quite impressed myself with blue and very disappointed with CB. i guess they are trying to conserve snow but still by the weekend the anticipate only 23 trails. they'll never be open 100% even shawnee has most of their terrain open.

I am also very impressed with Blue, can not believe they have everything open. I was there the other night and they had good coverage on almost every trail. I bought a pass to Bear Creek and don't even go there because their conditions are so bad. Bear has everything open but not enough base and bare spots everywhere, I think they will close soon. I will probably be going back up to Blue tonight. Thankfully PA has Blue or I don't know what I would do. :rock

Yeah I know what you mean allian boarder, my friends all got passes to bear and I told them they are making a mistake because when it gets warm bear always gets screwed and has to close. Plus they open after everyone and close before everyone. I also told them how when the pocono mountains make snow bear cannot always blow. All I heard from my friends were "well blue has a shitty park" "blue is expensive" "bear creek has a hotel now""bear creek can cover the entire mountain in 3 nights of snowmaking""bear creek has the coolest terrain park"

I'm just going to remind my friends that when I'm still riding at blue and they are all stuck at home watching bears snow melt, and thats why I will never get a pass to Bear Creek and besides the mountains too small for my pleasure.

I know it sucks now. The reasons I bought a pass to Bear is because of Blues park last year, it was 200$ cheaper, and about twenty minutes closer. I did really like Bear this year the park is great which is what I was looking for but I did not anticipate this. Looks like next year I will probably be back at Blue, can't go through this again.

From what I hear bear creeks park is AMAZING. Heres some background, not sure how much of this is true, but its what I heard so I will pass it along. Insurance companies decide what you can and cannot put in your park based on what kind of warning signs you have. Apparently bear creek has massive signs which means they can put just about anything they want inside, whereas CB has hardly anything indicating you are entering a park, hence they can't have gap to rails, liimited jump sizes etc. More than just insanity level, from what I hear, bear creek just has a bunch of stuff to do, at all levels of riding (in the park that is) which is probobly why it so appealing. Blue has super easy, and insanity, CB has super lame, and super easy. Anyways, this all hearsay, haven't been to bear creek myself, its too much of a hike for no trail riding, but for park rats its supposed to be real nice.