Anyone know how it is ?

sexkitten

Looking for a conditions report for the non park part of the mountain. Thanks in advance and see you all up there tommorow AM.

I was there this morning until about Noon and....

snow conditions were ok. typical sugar snow. if they get another night of blowing and grooming they will be good. It's just the curse of rain, cold temps then warm temps and a lot of people using the slopes.

Don't get me wrong, they were in good shape overall. Just not ideal but who is at this point?

BUT

it was crazy crowded. The line to get into the rental shop was taking 2 hours. They had to extend the 4 hour lift ticket because everyone was spending 1/2 there ticket standing in line for rentals.

The lift ticket line didn't really start to clear out until 11am and was probably taking 30-40mins to get a lift ticket. They were parking in the very first parking lots as you come in (the gravel ones) by about 10am.

Amazingly the lift lines weren't that long (probably because everyone was standing in line to get rentals and lift tickets) but were on the increase.

Get there early, park close, stake out a table, make some runs, don't eat during the peak times, wander into the bar and relax!

We'll be there at 7:45/ 8:00 AM, we have our own gear, and will be done skiing by 11 AM so we should be good. We'll see. Luckily if there are a million people that early we are only a half an hour from home and will just bail.

you should be good. i got there around 10 today which is pretty late for me compared to normal and they were already parking in the second lot it was GAAAYYYY. the hill wasnt too bad tho. comped to how many cars there were prob. like 1/3 of them were on the hill and the other 2/3 were in rental or ticket lines.

really?!?!?! BALLS. i was thinking monday was the day that everyone who was doing a ski weekend would be going home.

so what i'm coming away with is i should have come up this morning. f.

what if i go SUPER early monday morning?

no no no Monday is one of the most crowded day of the season it was in the paper thee other day

wooo i went today and i was verry happy...evrything was relly nice in my oppinion...i relly wanted to hit that second jump that the crew was workin on like all morning but it wasnt done when i had to leave...but it looked soooo nice they worked relly hard on it...props to the park crew they wer workin mad hard on evrything

i thought the first jump on black bear was really niice it was my first time doing threes on it and i felt like i was spinning relly smooth...i jsut couldnt get my landing locked down (i actually managed to bust my chin up real good)

i thought most of the rails seemed kinda sticky but i guess its expected after they had the blowers goin on em...but other than that evrything was set up real nice

wooo i went today and i was verry happy...evrything was relly nice in my oppinion...i relly wanted to hit that second jump that the crew was workin on like all morning but it wasnt done when i had to leave...but it looked soooo nice they worked relly hard on it...props to the park crew they wer workin mad hard on evrything

i thought the first jump on black bear was really niice it was my first time doing threes on it and i felt like i was spinning relly smooth...i jsut couldnt get my landing locked down (i actually managed to bust my chin up real good)

i thought most of the rails seemed kinda sticky but i guess its expected after they had the blowers goin on em...but other than that evrything was set up real nice

you prob. saw me i was with them while they were working on it the whole time. i was in yellow pants. in the end they did a really sick job on it but the snow just was not fast enough. some of the best boarders there hit it and knuckled it. over all great day but i was way too tired to do anything park wise.it didint really start getting crowded till like one when i left. ill be up tomorrow tho.