JF TR Friday 2-15-08

RidgeRacer

Just back from JF for the first time since Monday. Today was busy to say the least. I got there a little after 11 completely forgetting that it was Presidents Day Weekend. I ended up parking in lot 6!!! which is all the way in the back by the Lake Mountain Club. And it was crowded even in Lot 6. Got my ticket and made my way over to Thunderbolt. Crowds and Lift lines (although not long lines) were the norm today. After Thunderbolt I made my way over to East hoping for less people which I found but nevertheless it was still busy. I skied River Shot a few times then Floyd's. The upper part of Floyd's has a lot of exposed icy spots as does parts of River Shot. The trees are a crusty icy snow...kinda like cardboard. Definitely not the best thanks to the rain / freeze thaw a few days ago. Stayed for maybe 1 1/2 hours and called it a day. I guess I'm spoiled when it comes to crowds skiing mostly mid week so I was definitely not prepared for the number of people today...given that the snow is still in excellent shape (on the trails).

Edited by PA Ridge Racer