Park Pass Program

dwy33

Last Saturday which had to be BB's biggest ticket sales day an interesting thing happened.

There were large 2 crews throwing down in the big park and it was empty of noobs and gapers for the most part. I think that Boulders big park is evolving similar to the large parks out west where people are simply intimidated to go in there. It helps that you view that park while on the lift. I do understand that Freedom was a nut house, but those with skills just snaked everyone, I believe they had a great time doing that too. Not saying it is right, but Boulder is definitly developing differently compared to other parks.

I am a HUGE advocate of park passes. I thought I would point out an interesting observation I experienced last weekend.

Oh I definately agree with that, the jumps in Boulder are so damn big they intimidate everyone from going in. It looks scary so people don't do it. That is mostly because of the step down, I've realized that a lot of people don't know that you are supposed to be landing on the LANDING, and they don't realize how much it hurts to land on the top of the deck. So they see a table top, even if it is a 40 footer and get like 2 feet of air off the lip and think they can do it, or a 3 foot step down and land in the middle of the deck and think they are doing it right. If you see a 12' step down, they realize it is serious. Boulder made those even more exagerated by kind of making the deck lower than the knuckle so the step down looks even more extreme. I've been riding jumps for 3 or so years and the first time I saw them even I was taken aback, it wasn't until I saw a lot of people hitting them that I even attempted.

But medium size and smaller, its a shit show. Im going on a bus trip to camelback this weekend, and for some god forsaken reason they are planning for us to be there from 11-9 on Saturday, that park is going to be a disaster I'm sure.