2/22/08

CaptDave

Drove up last night to get ahead of the storm. It's like 7 mile drive from where I was staying (Clifford) to the mountain and the roads weren't too bad driving this morning. I was there from 9 to 4 and it snowed moderate to heavy most of the day. I would guess there was about 1.5 inches on my truck this morning and then maybe 3 when I left the mountain. Roads weren't so hot driving back. As I type this WNEP said 8 inches of snow fell here in Clifford.

Crowds were light in the morning and it picked up a bit throughout the day. Some Tom, Dick, and Harry's were present and was even honored by the presence of a few jeans skiers. This brew is for you. :buds: There are J1/J2 GS and slalom races today through the weekend.

Whatever trail you chose was a great choice today. Some hard patchs surfaced through the course of the day as the new snow was pushed around but definitely an excellent day regardless. The best runs I remember were first run in the Tunkhannock bumps then a run down Wyalusing where the left side of the trail was untouched.

:) I'm jealous, I ended up not working today and wondering why I did not drive up last night. S*** happens and I did not go. Elk is a great place to be with fresh snow. Glad you had a good day. I will be there next weekend for 3 or 4 days and the long range forecast looks pretty good. Also it is still snowing there now according to radar and tomorrow morning first thing will be awesome. For those who can be up and ready, there is nothing like being at your favorite ski hill standing in line waiting for first chair after a good storm. Hero snow for sure for at least a couple of hours tomorrow. Enjoy!!!!!!!!