Brief TR for Saturday

snoskier

It was a pretty nice day today. I got a late start b/c i had been working like a dog and needed to sleep in. But, I wanted to get up and see some of the Rev. tour.

I started out on some top to bottom runs off fasttrack. Snow was great. I skiied the new trail - snake - wasn't that bad but like the top pf fast track was good for cruising. Popped over to the NF and hit boomer and WL both were very nice with the new snow. I saw some very nice face arrests on WF. On guy lost it 1/2 way down and slid the rest of the way down.

I skied around till after lunch (which was the same time as a big squall) then hit the half pipe to check out the competition. I made it for the womens and mens finals. I brought my camera but i left it at the mountain so I will post later. They were getting like 4-5 hits per run and were really airing it out. Some really sick hits.

I heard that the boarder cross was one of the toughest on the tour this year so I had to check it out after it opened. It was INSANE. Just going slow though the course it was crazy and I almost lost it a couple times. I heard they took about 8-10 people out in sleds yesterday.

After I closed down for the day I hit the bar for a drink or six.

All in all a fun time... Time to do it again tomorrow.

BTW My streak of not meeting any PASR continues. (but when I was rididng the iron horse lift I got some pics of people on the NASTAR course so maybe I caught ski or someone .... )

Hey, thanks for the info. Sounded like a great day. Sucks I missed the HP. I wanted to see some of the half pipe, but my friend wanted to go BB. We went to BB, she was driving.

I'm curious, I have not ridden snake yet. Are you saying it is comparable to upper fast track or was it better? I guess it is narrower.

Snake's an okay new run. It's a gentle, fairly narrow cruise that winds through the woods. It's actually a good addition for upper mountain kind of skiing.

The SBX was crazy. Props to dwy33 and his crew for making Upper Runaway into something that insane. I guess when the snowmakers give you snow, you can make shit really happen.

I started out on some top to bottom runs off fasttrack. Snow was great. I skiied the new trail - snake - wasn't that bad but like the top pf fast track was good for cruising. Popped over to the NF and hit boomer and WL both were very nice with the new snow. I saw some very nice face arrests on WF. On guy lost it 1/2 way down and slid the rest of the way down.

BTW My streak of not meeting any PASR continues. (but when I was rididng the iron horse lift I got some pics of people on the NASTAR course so maybe I caught ski or someone .... )

I heard there was an epic crash on WL just before 2:30pm.

And I'm probably the easiest person at Sno to find :dunno Bummer that Doug bailed on Sunday, though. Everyone on PASR should take at least one one lift ride with him...

The SBX was crazy. Props to dwy33 and his crew for making Upper Runaway into something that insane. I guess when the snowmakers give you snow, you can make shit really happen.

The SBX trail was tons of fun. Glad they opened that up for the rest of us today.

And I'm probably the easiest person at Sno to find :dunno Bummer that Doug bailed on Sunday, though. Everyone on PASR should take at least one one lift ride with him...

Haha, red jacket, orange helmet... hard to miss!! :)