Snowmaking!

pyro_boarder

The Temps. have dropped below freezing and Camelback, Blue, Montage, JF&BB, as well as others are making snow.  It looks like at least five days of round the clock snow making.  Blue is predicting at least 10 days of snowmaking.  Things are finaly looking up!

yup, blue had a ton of snow on Challenge, the upper part of come around, lotsa snow on switchback, should be nice for the meet tomorrow. They resurfaced Razors Edge friday night, lazy mile was completely resurfaced, as they opened it up around 8:30 this morning. They need to blow some snow on lower sidewinder though, it was all dirty. Should be really nice for tomorrow.

yup, blue had a ton of snow on Challenge, the upper part of come around, lotsa snow on switchback, should be nice for the meet tomorrow.  They resurfaced Razors Edge friday night, lazy mile was completely resurfaced, as they opened it up around 8:30 this morning.  They need to blow some snow on lower sidewinder though, it was all dirty.  Should be really nice for tomorrow.

Ohh, glad to hear it. I always love a trip to blue, but since the conditions will be ideal, it will be that much nicer :rock.

Well thats good to hear it was in good shape today. I was planning on doing laps on nile since it hasn't been open for most of the week. Also going to check out the park and see what kind of repair they did to it with the resurfacing. Anyways, its seems the snow season has been given a kick start with only a few hours of snowmaking. I can't wait to see how much can be accomplished with the 5+ days of 24 hour snowmaking.

i went to camelback tonight, best conditions all year they had. they had all of the tower guns going all day on the terrain park and there was fresh powder everywhere. the jumps were in good condition, and the pipe was in really good condition. most of the trails were in good condition lots of powder on the side of the trails, but on some trails there were huge 10 foot wide puddles rite in the middle of honeymoon lane and they had one lollipop in front of it, it got a little bad when i saw some people go in them and fall, there were also lots more. but all in all it was a good night.

Edited by lineski2007

I thought tonight was really lousy. Everything seemed really slow. A little to crowded for my liking. The park has those stupid nets in front of the jumps, so you have to dodge nets and people now if you want to hit the jumps with speed. The last hit was chopped out, and the landing was really hard. The box was real nice, the fresh snow and cold temps made it slide real fast, and the transitions on and off were actually decent. Not what I would call a banner day though. The east side shut down at 8 when I got there, and the blacks were bumpy sheets of ice. The trails were alright on the sides like you said, but it was a little to crowded with people who used skied really slow in groups from side to side, so it was hard to even enjoy what stuff was available. I think if any one thing had been better I would have had alot of fun. But the firmness of the snow, the crowds, trail closure, slowness of the snow, crappy jumps just made my night suck. I left after 50 min. Then again, I wanted to save myself for tommorow at blue.

the day conditions were a lot better and during the night i didnt wait in line once for lifts, i stayed in the park towards the night. dthmtluncrn i think i mite have seen you again in the park. and i hated the box tonight it was so slow. and during the day the park crew had to dig it up because it was slanted to the left.

I rode through the park, and yes the park lift was empty, though I didn't find the park worth riding. It was full of people sitting around. The jumps were crap, I wasn't in the mood to hike the box, and other stuff just wasn't right. Anyways, at least someone had fun, so don't let me hold you down.