Shawnee = Terrible

The_Public_Enemy

On Fri I decided to go to shawnee w/ a few friends instead of the Z games (Sorry I wasn't there to beat you Gurp :P , j/k) b/c I hadn't skied in over a week and half. Wrong decision.

They had sick rails but had NO idea how to set them up. Their idea of a landing for a rail was a 6 foot high, 2 foot wide chunk of ice. They also had the jumps (which had no lips) to the rails 2 feet below the start of the rail so you needed to pop like a mother to get on. On top of all this, they installed their DFD rail backwards, making it a queer Up-Down-Up rail.

The jumps were decent, but didn't have nearly enough lip (CB's rhodo jumps blew them away). Finally, their "superpipe" was a disgusting mound of ice not even cut to vert. Don't waste your money.

yea i was just at shawnee today, the trails were great with all the new powder, but i definetely agree with the public enemy about the park. the only thing i didnt mind were the jumps, the first one was pretty nice and the second was decent too, but they really dont know what they are doing with the rails. like PE said, they managed to put in their down flat down rail backwards, they also put in their flat down box backwards, and their C box was sideways. and yea the halfpipe was horrible, but i think it was better than blues since it wasnt all ice. and i dont understand that whole skinny landing from the rails either haha.

yeah its definitely not that bad..the jumps are way better than cb's in my opinion..the jumps at cb are crap..there just high flying jumps, theres no gap to em..and ditches form way to easily.and pure ice i might add.

yeah the DFD..thats stupidity haha but yeah there fixing it soon.

and those lands..haha yeah there rediculous..but please tell me, if your hitting either of those rails ( DFD or FDF) you wont be going that slow to actually land on them hahahah. there gonna be gone soon also hah

yeah pipe sucks but theres more work to be done..it shouldnt be bad alittle later on. By far the best park around this area..im not including blue, bear, mtn creek etc...because there not around THIS area..the area mountains around here are liek shawnee alpine boulder and camelback.. and boulders park is soo over rated..everything is setup soooooooooooo horribly..everything is blind.its so gay. and grow some balls..jump on..

edit..also.. the c box is setup awsome..its not sideways idiot..its so you can hit from both ways..altho it has to be dug out 3 feet haahha and the FD box..haha it doesnt matter backwards or not..its a small feature..its fun as hell like that..i like it better that way..because now its actually a challenge to gap...

Edited by xkinkrider03x

wow man i definetely think boulders got a way better park going than shawnee for sure, you must be on some type of crack or something to think that boulders sucks. theyre the only place around here that knows how to set stuff up. and if you didnt notice, even though you cant see the rails coming up to them, they marked the transitions onto them so you can see where it is. its just like that so the lips dont get killed when the snow starts melting. and yea, im not an idiot you jackass. i just thought that it was pretty strangely set up like that since you had to practically go sideways across the trail to get onto that C box correctly, which is retarded.

one more thing, i think that boulders park crew is definetely the most dedicated park crew around here. they take tons of pride in their work, much more than anywhere else i think. at the one competition someone said something about the parks from the lift and the park manager heard it, ran to the lift, and had a word with someone who said that because it pissed him off because of all the hard work he put into it. they know what theyre doing there

Edited by NITRO_rider

im not dissin the park crew.. but it completely sucks man..allt he rails are blind going up to them. its not the park crews fault..tahts the groomer..

but yeah i dont think boulders park is better than shawnee..i mean..yeah they did mess up a few things..but overall i think its much better and more flow.. as soon as stuff is setup right, it will be good..

yeah it really sucks too because..there was a park meeting when they were reconstructing the park. and all my friends set it up soo perfectly..and some kid was up there with them while building and put everything elsewhere..it should be much better than it is, but someone messed it up.. haha and its funny, how a kid whos expierienced..let them put a rail in backwards..CMON!

listen xkink the only reason you are devoted to shawnees park is because thats probally the only park you have hit other than cbs. and nitro riders home mtn. is boulder and he is going to stand by them. you two have been bitching all night and it isnt going to lead to any where.

Edited by linemavericks