Bike Frame

nick malozzi

Hey, I'm trying to pick up an old track/road bike frame. Forks and headset would be a bonus, as would any other parts. However, just a frame would be cool. I'm trying to build a fixed gear bike to rip around town on and scare my girlfriend with, haha.

So if you have any road/track bikes or parts sitting in the garage or shed let me know. Don't worry about condition as I'll probably be striping the paint and giving it a fresh coat. In other words, rust is not an issue (unless it is rusting through). Horizontal drop outs on the back would be nice, but I've got a friend who welds so I could work with anything.

Let me know what you got, and any info/price you can provide. I'll be back in PA at the beginning of June, so I could pick it up to avoid making you pack and ship it to CO.

It is like getting paid to recycle! Hook a brotha up!

Edited by nick malozzi

i'm not sure what you mean? i know someone who can cut out the vertical drop outs and weld in horizontal ones. once the horizontals are in it should be fine?

You're still ruining the structural integrity of the original frame. Skidding is a technique used by a bunch of fixed gear riders to stop without using a brake. It puts a good deal of stress on the drivetrain and I'd imagine that if you fabricated horizontal dropouts on a bike it would be sufficient enough to worry about.

You're still ruining the structural integrity of the original frame. Skidding is a technique used by a bunch of fixed gear riders to stop without using a brake. It puts a good deal of stress on the drivetrain and I'd imagine that if you fabricated horizontal dropouts on a bike it would be sufficient enough to worry about.

yea, i know what skidding is, haha.

i agree, but if i can snag a frame for dirt cheap i'm down to try it.

Horizontal Drop Outs, and most of the parts I need to get started. I can even ride the thing in its current condition. 40 bucks on craigslist, 20min away.

85 Fuji Espree.

0101020102110103092008050603a9038cc3f4268244005a78.jpg

The stand over height is about an inch too tall for me, but why not make it interesting right? As if riding a fixed gear through city streets isn't scary enough, haha.

So the game plan is:

-Pick up this weekend.

-Disassemble.

-File/grind off all cable stays, fender/accessory mounts.

-Strip nasty brown paint.

-Rattle can it (i'm thinking white, but I'm not sold yet).

-Reassemble/grease headset, neck, and forks.

-Install the anodized purple straight handle bar I found randomly on my porch the other week.

-Hunt down sold crank set for cheap, install.

-Hunt down sold fixed rear hub/wheel, install.

-Install chain/peddles/seat.

-Eat shit trying to get used to it.

-Put it in my spare room until I get the balls to ride it more, haha.