Boulder Early Season Stoke

method9455

deal~!

Sweet! thanks papasteeze.

Looks like Boulder shut the guns down... Still going strong at CB...

The guy at Boulder said they were focusing mainly on the night time snowmaking. I wish I would have asked his name, it slipped my mind. I completely agree though, why run in super marginal conditions during the day and use a ton of power for barely anything, when they can just fire up at night and run the guns strong using nearly the same amount of energy. For those SMI polecats, I believe they have 3 rings (nozzle banks), and it's no more than the turn of a valve in order to increase output by a huge step. That might just mean more pumps running in the pump house, because whether or not they're using all the rings at night or just one during the day, the on-board compressor still needs to be running. I'd love to see the coverage up there now, i believe it got down in the mid to upper teens last night, so they should have been running full bore.

*edit: Some fangun stats.

SuperPoleCat.jpg

Edited by NiftySHIFTY

I thought JFBB had some deal with the power company that makes it cheaper for them at night. Combined with it looked like they weren't running the fan guns full on last night as is, it wouldn't be all that efficient to do it during the day today. Camelback also still has mostly air/water guns going as opposed to the fan guns.