Family Park

njskierbrig

well its moved to the trail next to the bunny hill, but you cant access it from the carpet. i know they have one new feature for it; a double wide short low rail

How is it not accessible from the carpet? That little run always was, I used to ride it when I was first learning as it would often be less crowded than the other bunny hill. There's really no way to get to it other than the carpet. Didn't it used to be called "Teddy Bear" or something like that?

My geriatric ass would like to start venturing into the park this year, and that looks like a good place to start.

How is it not accessible from the carpet? That little run always was, I used to ride it when I was first learning as it would often be less crowded than the other bunny hill. There's really no way to get to it other than the carpet. Didn't it used to be called "Teddy Bear" or something like that?

My geriatric ass would like to start venturing into the park this year, and that looks like a good place to start.

they cut thru the trees up at the top of the triple so thats how u get there now.

We did move the Family Park to Teddy Bear. It is under the Triple Chair and it can be accessed from the Triple Chair by coming off Drifter.

We decided to move it to cut down on high speed traffic coming off of Extreme and Grizzly and create a safer, more sheltered learning environment. It will have 3 or 4 features geared toward learning specific park skills.

We will also be offering an introductory lesson for the Family Park on Saturdays from 1pm to 2:30pm. You can sign up at the Snowsports School Desk and the cost is $30 per person.

girlfriend, i've got five years on you. you've got it.

there was something on BC's site about coaching sessions on tuesday nights too, but i can't find it now.

girlfriend, i've got five years on you. you've got it.

there was something on BC's site about coaching sessions on tuesday nights too, but i can't find it now.

Lol. That makes me feel better. Bear Creek is the only place around that makes me feel old. It's nice to see other riders on here who are old enough to not be my school students. :lol:

Utah? That sounds pretty cool!

I never have a hard time finding other adult skiers, but I have a hard time finding others boarders my age! All of my closest friends are skiers, and while it's fun to go to the mountain with them I'd like to be with other boarders sometimes. I dunno why...it's just different. They just don't get it when I have to stop and strap in after the lift, or why I don't like the trails that have long, flat sections. Broadway at BC is the worst trail for me, it's so flat! All they have to do is use their poles to push them along until they get to the next incline. It's not that easy for me!