damage to my skis

LineSki

ok i have a some problems with the topsheet of my skis and the lamanation. i have a big 1 inch piece of delamanation curled up on my skis. the other problem is i have two big chunks taken out of my topsheet. this has never happened to me before even though i would think it would have happened to me more. it was from crashing and flipping and crossing up my skis friday night. i want to know if this is a serious enough problem to send them back to the factory or what. i have only skiied on these skis for about 15 days and i got them brand new this season. i will try and post some pics later. somebody please tell me if this is a serious problem.

Edited by lineski2007

With a snowboard it's a real big deal, so I assume its the same with skis. Major concerns are the core getting moisture in there, and swelling, which destroys the integrity of the core, and is irreversable. I would contact the manufacturer immediately and see what they will do. 90% of the time with snowboards delaming is a result of poor construction and they will replace or fix for free. Definetly check it out. I believe it was discordial who repaired his own board, I will try and dig up a link that thread. It would also be nice to know how his repair help up.

Heres that thread about repairing delamination with epoxy.

Call them, and bring them back to where you bought them. If you got them online you might be SOL, but if you bought them from a dealer, then they will probably be able to help you out ASSUMING it is not damaged by mis-use, you falling on them, running them over...anything like that. Post pics if you can get them.

Ok, this is different than delaming. That is a chipped top sheet. It's not nearly as bad. For something like that I would just put some epoxy, or something over it, just to water proof and not worry about it. Delaming is where the glue that holds your top sheet on lets go and the top sheet lifts up.