Sugarbush

moe ghoul

Looks like we are opting for Sugarbush next Mon-Thurs. Got a room, 2 beds, b-fast and lift tix for 69/pp/day at Sugar Lodge. And this storm has an excellent chance to dump major snow up there this weekend. :wub: If that's the case, we might day trip to Jay as well for some glades. The fix is in..................

It's Thursday nite, 7:39, I pounded a NY strip at the Hydeaway Inn, Nicely buzzed with a Castletrock after glow and we nailed the preseason motherlode as Wednesday was a great ski day, 6-9" total with plenty of snow dunes off the Heavensgate lift. Overcast and very little wind for past 2 days, Paradise was a little too ruff for the Coomba's, I carved out about 50 Lbs of rock, and stayed off of it. I can appreciate the magic of Mad River Valley, and words don't properly describe it. Good news, more snow moving in Friday, so we're staying til saturday.stoke. We Ran on the Valleyhouse and heavensgate lift all day yesterday, and the Super bravo lift, and Castlerock today. Very challenging, lotsa thin cover in spots, despite what the AZers might say. I yelled ALPINE ZONE to everybody on the hills, no response. Snow has been very good, Tuesday was powderish (for the East Coast), today got another coupla inches of denser snow, and the 30+ temps made it heavier, but still very playful.

Edited by Moe Ghoul

Awesome report..Sugarbush/MRG combined is my 2nd favorite area to ski in the east next to Stowe. Thin cover is what December in Vermont is all..it's a ski tuners best friend as there is alot of PTex on Paradise/Castlerock. What are the crowds like.. :lol: ...I bet you have the mountain to yourself..

Dead yesterday, more peeps today, lotsa preseason deals that people are taking advantage of. 6 lifts were spinning, so no lift lines. I'm stoked to hit Castelrock area Sat with fresh snow that should give it good coverage and taking the Slide Brook lift to Mt. Ellen for a taste of that on Sat.