Blue Mountain is Going Downhill-No Pun Intended

Death Cookie

Bear Creek's food is disgusting and horribly expensive. The lodge is beautiful though.

Its not disgusting... it is overpriced and average. But I am very impressed with just about everything else. My grandmother was just up there.. she hadn't been to the place since the doe mt days in the 70s and she was blown away.

It's a nice place. Staff for the most part is really attentive too... although so far Ski Roundtop has taken the cake customer service wise..even tho it might not be the best hill in PA..

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think blue has done a good job of brainwashing people into thinking they are so much closer.

This past weekend when I recommended JFBB to a friend, his immediate response was: thats like 2.5 hours away. I had him google both and JF ended only ended up being 7 minutes longer.

I agree.

I've been having this same conversation with many different people for a while now.

Its not disgusting... it is overpriced and average. But I am very impressed with just about everything else. My grandmother was just up there.. she hadn't been to the place since the doe mt days in the 70s and she was blown away.

It's a nice place. Staff for the most part is really attentive too... although so far Ski Roundtop has taken the cake customer service wise..even tho it might not be the best hill in PA..

I actually really like BC. When they have snow and the weather cooperates they really do shine. Their customer service (except for the one tubing incident we had) is also very good. Truth be told when conditions are good at BC I don't even mind the lack of terrain. I'll ski a short ass, excellent trail 100 times without being bored over a long one full of mashed potatoes, death cookies and newbies any day. Even if I got to ride a fancy schmancy sixpack lift to get to it.

So what we need is Blue's terrain combined with Bear Creek can buy Blue and they can have a combined season pass.

Exactly. Or we need Blue's management to care like BCMark does. Sad to say that the likelihood of of both is about equal.

I know people down in the cung yes Macungie so I'd hit the creek a few times a season..whiz..you'd be surprised!!!

Oh the lies. Your nose is going to grow off your face if you don't stop it

Edited by sexkitten