JF 1/3 Helmet Cam

ectobar

Will be at JF tomorrow. Most likely arriving around 11am.

I'll be testing out the helmet camera my gf got my for xmas.

Wearing bright green pants/helmet cam. Names Bob, say hi you could be on PASR's funniest home videos.

If the landings aren't too hard, I'll likely be lapping one park all day. If icy conditions, most likely be in a steady rotation of one/challenge/eastMt.

Edited by ectobar

Pretty awkward riding a round with a camera strapped to my head. I was always aware of it, and it was affecting my riding.

Only ended up getting around a half hour of video before the batteries died.

Video didn't turn out so great though. It was pointed down a little two much, and shaky. Made for some nauseous viewing. I'm going to hand it over to some video editing friends, and if they can make it any more tolerable I'll post it up.

Pretty awkward riding a round with a camera strapped to my head. I was always aware of it, and it was affecting my riding.

Only ended up getting around a half hour of video before the batteries died.

Video didn't turn out so great though. It was pointed down a little two much, and shaky. Made for some nauseous viewing. I'm going to hand it over to some video editing friends, and if they can make it any more tolerable I'll post it up.

I had the exact same issues with my helmet cam.

The first videos looked down too much and almost resembled something like driving a car with one broken headlight looking down..... all my movie showed was snow passing right in fron tof the board.

Then after raising the angle I got more view but shaky video.

I was considering this year strapping it to my shin instead of helmet.

I remember last year somebody posted helmet cam vids from JF, I believe. They were extremely shaky, I couldn't make anything out from them.

There's a reason SteadiCam was developed for videos taken in motion.

Poor man's steadicam: http://littlegreatideas.com/steadycam/

NO WAY NO HOW

you could get me to ride down a ski slope with this steadycam hardware.

If you fell or got run over someone would get impaled by the tubing.