Killington 1/6-1/9

rastasquid

Just got back from a trip to Killington, and had a great time. My only complaint was we missed out on the awesome views due to the storm...which brought plenty of pow! Wednesday was kind of weird...snow was great...but it was half sleeting, and windy which kind of sucked up on the peak because it was basically a white out but it was icing your goggles up too. Thursday-holy powder. We got hit with almost 2 feet by early morning and it was coming down all day. Fantastic conditions. Overall I had a great time, it was my first time on a big mountain and it was great to ride some more challenging terrain and real powder. Here are a few pics.

DSC00865.jpg

DSC00845.jpg

DSC00857.jpg

DSC00858.jpg

DSC00860.jpg

DSC00852.jpg

DSC00848.jpg

DSC00840-1.jpg

Great pics! Do you know if the lower part of Skyeship was open?

I was to busy to stop and take pics....

Skyeship is fully open, (Home Strech, GE etc..) and this year open every day. On Thursday, the gondi was only running from Rt 4 to the mid-station. Today around 11 the mid-station to the summit stopped for over an hour. People who were stuck on the lift forever in this cold and wind today, were given a 1/2 price voucher that must be used in 24 hours?!?! WTF???

Awesome TR..looks like Mad Goldilocks for you....just right!!!

Root as for the 1/2 price voucher..that is weak sauce..if there is a major lift stoppage..especially on a cold day..everybody should get a voucher for a future visit..I was stuck on the lift for an hour and a half at Sugarbush when I was in college and all I got was a coupon for a free hot chocolate..

Season pass holders got a free "sucker" tattoo on the out. lol Most of them would have been more than grateful for a free hot chocolate. I'm glad I didn't get stuck on it. I was on K1 with a Ski Patroler and overheard it on his radio. I was already planning to head over that way anyhow, but ran off the new Skye Peak hs quad for a few runs instead. Saved me a big headache When the lift went down, they at least turned on Needles Eye to get people out of the midstation area.