1/12...TR

rastasquid

I hit up the mountain tonight from 5 until close. Conditions were decent, but not great. Lower runaway had some nice powder on top of ice, But everything else was pretty much frozen solid. The bumps in smoke were crappy, frozen hard, kind of icy...and had no rhythm. Boomer was groomed out and had some loose snow on top of the icy base. They were blowing tons of snow on the parks (spike and mainline) and had every gun available going on those two trails. Lower fast is still closed...but I don't know why. There are huge piles of snow on it...and it has a decent base aside from the piles. They closed rattler right after I got there because it was pure ice. I pretty much lapped boomer and lower runaway all night..the park sucked to be in with all the guns on. I wish they would groom lower fast track and get it open. I didn't get stuck behind a single ski instructor or ski team, so I was a happy camper tonight.

I'm not gonna bother making a TR for yesterday the 15th, it was cold, conditions were ok, they were landscaping smoke when I was there, boomer was creppy, couldent see the condition of the snow because of the light out, its like soft man made ontop of really hard packed, it was just weird. blowing on upper mountain, main section, parks ect. the guns were pukeing ungodly amounts of snow, hopefully they'll park some guns to start on the 13footer, we cant see the live cam at work but I really hope they sucked it up and blew throughout today