Lifts and Terrain

GolfingOwl

I noticed on the conditions report the Long Haul Lift is not open. Since we are heading up this weekend for the first time, can you get from the bottom of the mountain to the top without excessive walking? Say you wanted to ski Upper Runway to Lower Runway? From the trail map, it doesn't look like taking the Phoebe Snow lift to Iron Horse lift works without a lot of walking.

Also, what Eastern PA mountains is the terrain comparable in regards to difficulty? My kids can ski any blue and many blacks in the Pocs (mostly JF and Camelback). They also ski in Vermont a lot but mostly ski blues in Vermont.

Long haul will probably be open over the weekend. If there is a line at iron horse - ski down to the long haul lift (if its open) - it will be much quicker.

You can get from Phoebe to Iron Horse no problem- it is all down hill maybe 100+ vertical. You can't get to Phobe unless you ski down to it (cannonball or l. runway). From top to bottom take Whistler to lower runwary - that is one of my favorite runs.

The only trails I would caution on are White Lightning and Rattler. White is very steep (probably compareable in pitch to lower superstar at killington) and can be tricky at times. Rattler is very narrow, has a 90 degree turn and can get a little icy. Other than that they shouldn't have a problem. Boomer, Smoke, Cannonball & L. Fastrack are all great trails.

Snoskier

I noticed on the conditions report the Long Haul Lift is not open. Since we are heading up this weekend for the first time, can you get from the bottom of the mountain to the top without excessive walking? Say you wanted to ski Upper Runway to Lower Runway? From the trail map, it doesn't look like taking the Phoebe Snow lift to Iron Horse lift works without a lot of walking.

Also, what Eastern PA mountains is the terrain comparable in regards to difficulty? My kids can ski any blue and many blacks in the Pocs (mostly JF and Camelback). They also ski in Vermont a lot but mostly ski blues in Vermont.

Edited by snoskier

Long haul will probably be open over the weekend. If there is a line at iron horse - ski down to the long haul lift (if its open) - it will be much quicker.

You can get from Phoebe to Iron Horse no problem- it is all down hill maybe 100+ vertical. You can't get to Phobe unless you ski down to it (cannonball or l. runway). From top to bottom take Whistler to lower runwary - that is one of my favorite runs.

The only trails I would caution on are White Lightning and Rattler. White is very steep (probably compareable in pitch to lower superstar at killington) and can be tricky at times. Rattler is very narrow, has a 90 degree turn and can get a little icy. Other than that they shouldn't have a problem. Boomer, Smoke, Cannonball & L. Fastrack are all great trails.

Snoskier

Thanks for the advice. Trail maps never seem to tell the story.