President's Day

GolfingOwl

Thinking of taking the kids up to Sno on President's Day. How are the crowds at Sno that day?

I was up at Sno on MLK day and they were pretty light (which is why I'm thinking of hitting Sno). Know it is typically one of the busiest days of the year.

My kids actually have off Tuesday as well and we are hitting Elk but was thinking of making it a two day trip with Sno Monday and Elk Tuesday.

Thanks

Right.. I'm not a psychic so I can't predict exactly how the crowds (or lack thereof) will be... but I say you should just expect to see what you saw for MLK day.

Kind of what I was hoping to hear, which would make the additional day worth it. I won't hold you to your prediction.

• 2 weeks later...

President's Day at Sno was as anticipated. Not very crowded by Pocono standards. Never waited in a lift line other than when Long Haul was down for about 5 minutes.

Conditions were very good. Boomer was the best trail with small bumps forming from the ungroomed terrain. Didn't try White Lightening as I had kids with me and they took someone out in an ambulance who had skied off that run into the trees. Only bummer from the thaw was that all the snow in the trees melted. Sno has some nice tree skiing for a PA mountain.