3/21/09 Condition & Park Report!

DiMe

I didn't get to the mountain until 4:30 but the conditions were exceptional, all sugar no slush the cold nights have been paying off refreezing all that slush the weather gave us last week. Still good coverage on the trails very few bare spots and a couple thin spots that I'm sure can get pushed over. As long as the nights stay cool we're in great shape.

Park Report:

Rhodo: Looks like they reshaped the jumps very nicely and they definately look BIGGER. Theres about 3 rails on the left of the jump line, I didn't ride down Rhodo today so I didn't get a good look.

Moores:

Flat Box

Flat Bar

Up Box/Small Jump option

Flat Box

Little Hip

To The Left:

Wide Flat Box set up to hit from the sides

Flat Down Butter Box

Horizontal Barrel Bonk

Corigated jib

To The Right:

Down Box

The Old Battleship Rail

Small Hip/Tabletop Jump

Turkey Trot:

Medium Jump

Medium Jump

Medium Jump

Hip

Junkyard Garden

Who was the crew sessioning the big hit on Rhodo around 6pm? Was that you TTC6? Fucking sick whoever threw that 900 or 1080 I lost count on the rotation.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

i wasnt impressed with it this morning, the lips to the big jumps blew.

I didn't see them close today but they look nice from a distance, there was a crew of about 5 absolutely killing the last huge hit on Rhodo at about 6pm. It was incredible to see.

The lips and run in on the Turkey Trot jump line were crappy soft though:( To much traffic I suppose for the conditions but still fun.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

We were there earlier in the day. The morning was outstanding. Pure sugar, no slush. Things softened up in the early afternoon but not too bad.

My son played some "snow" volleyball as it was "beach weekend".

Cliffy and Rocket were the best trails of the day. In the morning Cliffy actually had some ice on it. Rocket was in great shape all day.

You would think this time of year would just be all season pass holders, but I was surprised by the number of people who had day lift tickets.

Is there enough snow for the east side to be open for next weekend???

There should be although its getting thin in spots theres plenty for the groomers to push each day to keep it covered. They're open all week until 7pm, I think this may be the last full week.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

I got there at 10 AM on Saturday since 33 was closed at wind gap with a reroute to Bangor and up 191 due to a tanker with HCL wrecking, but the 2nd and 3rd lots were fairly full... Liftlines were only about 1 minute at the most with no lines from 11-1 for lunch... To answer your question Doug, the core 8 trails they kept open until April 6 last year, off of the Sullivan lift, should make it until April 4th with some snow pushing... The east side for next weekend may be a stretch... Coverage on the trails looked good, with only a little encroachment on Nile... However, several of the connecting trails, especially the flat from the Sunbowl to the Stevenson, looked pretty thin, and if they dont have all the connectors open (even if there are ways around those), they will close those from past experience... I would say that the cold nights tonight and the next 2 nights may make it possible... I overheard the lady giving me my pass in the office saying that they were committed to staying open till the 4th even if they have to truck snow from some closed parts of the mountain... However, real warm weather could kill that lol