JF, the final day 3-22-09

I haven't done one of these in a while, so I figured this would be my last chance for JF, this year. I woke up at 6:30 and was beat, after working until 1am, Sat. night, so I went back to sleep and didn't get to JF until 9:20. Didn't really matter, because the place was pretty empty, except for a group that was in one park. The first hour or so, the snow was firm, with sugar on top. It was cloudy and 37 degrees, until the sun popped out, around 10:30. It didn't take long for the snow to soften up. I bounced around the place and ate lucnh around 12:30. I came back out at about 1pm and the snow was even softer, and a little sticky in spots. I hit east mt., until about 3pm. East was in good shape. You had to stay to the left or right, once you hit the run out. The center seemed like somebody hit the area with a glue gun. I went back toward the center of the mountain and hit the center trails and lapped exhibiiton, until they closed the place down, after 40 runs. The center trails were in good shape, and weren't really sticky. Overall, it was a beautiful day and the conditions were pretty good (sugar to hero snow). Wow, where did the JF season go? :(

Edited by bigdaddyk

Yeah the group in the park was all the instructors that were just training the park. I pulled into frost at like noon but saw all my friends that work there leaving and we all just went over to boulder. Snow was pretty slow, lapped Love and Boulder. Had to straight line it to have even a chance of clearing the first boulder jump.