polyethylene plastic skating rinks and snowboarding

Robert2

There's a few places that set up rails to grind in the summer time and

they lead into the rails with fake snow...nothing really more than the same polyethylene plastic that white kitchen cutting boards are made of.

Has anyone actually ever ridden on this stuff with a snowboard?

Its supposed to be as slick as boilerplate hardpack snow but still lets you grab an edge

for control.

You can buy 4x8 foot sheets of this stuff from plastics suppliers or skate rinks from:

http://www.coldproducts.com/products.php

I figured out that about $2000 of these panels would fit in my yard.

There's a few places that set up rails to grind in the summer time and

they lead into the rails with fake snow...nothing really more than the same polyethylene plastic that white kitchen cutting boards are made of.

Has anyone actually ever ridden on this stuff with a snowboard?

Its supposed to be as slick as boilerplate hardpack snow but still lets you grab an edge

for control.

You can buy 4x8 foot sheets of this stuff from plastics suppliers or skate rinks from:

http://www.coldproducts.com/products.php

I figured out that about $2000 of these panels would fit in my yard.

Bad idea. The stuff is soft enough to cut an edge in and slick enough sure, but once you cut that edge it leaves a mark and you will catch that. Most places that do it use some kind of foam backed plastic carpet, often times wet. Camelback has been doing it right now so they are probably the ones with the most info. I used the green indoor/outdoor grass like carpet from home depot on my drop in ramp, can't really talk about its edge holding ability since you pretty much just went straight down it. But that would be a better choice than hard plastic i'm sure.

Edited by Kevin.