Getting into skiiing

Schif

I started skiing last year too, Skied as a kid, played ice hockey for 10 years, which I think helped a lot from the skating. I picked it back up in no time. only regret was buying cheep boots that didn't really fit. used them for a month and upgraded everything. So personally, I would just find some good used stuff after renting for a couple days.

I like both, I'll usually go up the mountain, ski for an hour, then switch to board. It really trips the liftys out...

buy used. i made the switch last year, and got pretty nice (rossi scratch and p12s) for a hundo. then dropped cash for boots. get fitted for a good boot, this will make all the difference. and will last you a very long time.

my mom tried to skimp, and fit herself for a boot at a tent sale. she was hurting after 3 runs. she went and got fitted, and shes skiing like never before

seriously, prolly paid 350-400 for the full setup after mount and whatnot, but spend the cash on boots and get a decent used ski/binging setup. you wont enjoy skiing on a rental boot.

Just a note with that, make sure you are buying something with the right DIN range for your weight if it is used and it helps if the bindings don't have to be remounted, that will add quite a bit to the price if you are talking skis for $100, remount is what, something like $50?

Just a note with that, make sure you are buying something with the right DIN range for your weight if it is used and it helps if the bindings don't have to be remounted, that will add quite a bit to the price if you are talking skis for $100, remount is what, something like $50?

yeah, i got all kinds of lucky. shop around

youre not gonna regret making the switch to skiing. ive never looked back