2010 Poc Receptor Bug helmet review

RomeAgent

I never wrote a review before, so here goes...

After trashing my R.E.D. Trace, I really wanted a new brain bucket for this season. It was between the Bern Watts and the Poc. I decided to go with the Poc mainly because it has the US ASTM F 2040 certification and well as the European EN 1077 - Class B certification. I was shocked to see how many helmets were certified for only one or the other and in some cases, none of them! I just like to see what I am trusting my brain with is legit.

I purchased mine from http://www.ski-depot.com/ They are one of the few Poc dealers in the US and I have to say that my experience with them was wonderful. They didnt have the size/color combination I wanted, so the salesperson called over to Poc's warehouse in Sweden to check availability. She called me right back and said she is having it shipped over right away. Great customer service!

Poc is a newer company that specializes in downhill racing helmets and are geared toward skiers in general. Even though I snowboard, the styling and engineering that goes into these things sold me right away!

The helmet fits like a dream. Super comfortable, low profile and has removable covers on the inside to allow for full ventilation on warmer days. I was surprised to see the other accessories provded by Poc. It came with a helmet bag ( same material as a goggle bag), a removable goggle clip (for wearing your gogs outside your helmet), a set of extra interior pads to get the fit just right, the 'bankers brim' (Poc's name for a removable visor for the front of the helmet for avoiding scratches to gogs and redirecting water run-off) and an owners manual giving you all the info you could ever need to know for the helmet. The liner is removable for summer and the customizable vent system allows you to dial in your prefered air flow.

The attention on detail in unreal, quality is top notch and the styling is perfect. I like to wear my goggles inside the helmet and they even have a removable pad around the back on the inside to allow room for your goggle straps and adjusters. Havent gotten to ride with it yet, but so far this thing is everything a helmet should be. I picked this one up for $130 including shipping. Yes they are pricey, but worth every penny and I dont like skimping on protection (I know, thats what she said). I have the Dragon/Nomis Co-op Mace goggles and the color match is sweet!

http://www.pocsports.com/index.asp

Check out their website...

Also, I will be happy to answer any questions!

p.s. Sorry about the small pics :no

post-2161-12575192464897_thumb.jpg

post-2161-12575200721002_thumb.jpg

post-2161-12575200790819_thumb.jpg

post-2161-12575200899886_thumb.jpg

post-2161-12575200973938_thumb.jpg

post-2161-1257520105677_thumb.jpg

post-2161-12575201139436_thumb.jpg

• Like 3