Experience with the MOD and the Agent

romemadman

well i have finally narrowed down my search for a board and have gotten a deal for a discounted rome board. I have narrowed it down between the mod and the agent. from what i ahve read the mod is a stiffer board than the agent but both acell all of the mountian. I probably will bto be hitting that many rails mostly jump lines and powder.

anyone have any advice or personal preferences?

well i have finally narrowed down my search for a board and have gotten a deal for a discounted rome board. I have narrowed it down between the mod and the agent. from what i ahve read the mod is a stiffer board than the agent but both acell all of the mountian. I probably will bto be hitting that many rails mostly jump lines and powder.

anyone have any advice or personal preferences?

If your focus is jumps and freeriding while jibs are your secondary purpose I'd go for the Mod.

If your going for jumps and pow i'd go with the mod, as long as a wider board doesn't bother you. It's a mid wide, which would help in both.

I did ride the agent for a bit last year and really liked it. Stable and fast, had a good flex.

I actually ride an Agent .(go figure, right?) I have the 07/08 model and LOVE it. I dont really stick to one type of riding, I do park, pow, jumps and have even raced my bro down a mogul run a few times. It has great flex and it pops sweet ollies. After riding it a few times, I vowed to always ride an agent. Rome isn't BSing when they say it does it all. I really dont have a lot to say about the Mod b/c I never rode one. But I have never felt like it was too noodle-like while bombing runs or landing jumps and have never felt like it was too stiff for jibbs. While in Whistler last season, I got a chance to take it through some deep pow. After I moved my stance back a bit, the board floated perfectly. I usually have it set dead center for riding switch and found thats not good for riding deep pow.

Either way you go, you will be happy with Rome products. Just my $ 0.2 ....

Let me know if you have any questions about the agent, also.

Dont know if you looked at these yet...not really a ton of info, but maybe will help you decide...

http://www.romesnowboards.com/shredtv/view/24

http://www.romesnowboards.com/shredtv/view/23

• Like 1